Bonded Pairs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Bonded Pairs

It is me again with another bonding question. Those of you that have bonded pairs of rabbits can probably answer this. Once the rabbits have bonded...is there still mounting that goes on as time goes by. Molly has once again started mounting Lucky even though they have been really snuggly for the past month. Is this just a form of reinforcement that she must do to protect her dominance. It appears as though their relationship has not changed at all...he still acts subordinate around her...grooming her etc. Although she is spayed...do they still get the "urge" to reproduce. Is this normal behavior? Should we stop this act...because so far he has not reacted aggressively towards her to stop it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Zeus and Barnaby will still do that once in awhile. It's normal, as long as it doesn't lead to any aggression then things should be fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

She is starting to ruin things. Lucky is not very patient with her when she does this and is starting to protect his behind. Lucky will grunt at her and turn around. We push her off but she is determined to mount again so we end up putting her back in her cage. It happens daily now everytime they are out. She will behave for a while until the food is gone...then play for a bit...snuggle for a short time and then she will start sniffing his shoulders and then his butt and away she goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Yep! I have had my bunnies bonded for the last 11 months or so and they still mount eachother!!!

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Does one do it a lot or only once in a while and does the other rabbit respond to it.