Bonding! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Mey

Bonding!

I have a dwarf rabbit and a mini lop rabbit. I had no problem bonding them together. I've had them for about 7 months and both were about 5-6 months old when I got them. They are both fixed. Well, last week I couldn't help myself and bought the sweetest little baby bunny. However, both my rabbits don't like it. I'm scared to let them together to even try to start trying to bond them because they are so much bigger then the baby. And when they get close to his cage the female dwarf bunny growls at him.

Anyone know any links that would help me? I've found tons about bonding two rabbits, or two babys, male/female. But none on bonding two rabbits to a baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Don't try to bond your rabbits to bunnies, it is too dangerous. Rabbits are not accepting of bunnies that aren't theirs. You will have to wait until your bunny gets older before you can bond them. I don't know how old your bunny should be so hopefully someone who knows more will reply.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 11:05 AM

It's the same with most animals. Unless you have a very motherly rabbit, cat or dog, they do not always get along with younger animals of the same species that are not "theirs".

Follow moonchild's advice. Wait until the baby is full grown before introducing them again. 5-6 months is the typical maturation age (depending on the breed of rabbit. Larger breeds take 6-8 months to mature fully)

Tags
baby bunny, mini lop