Bonding broody and snowy together - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

Bonding broody and snowy together

well last night i had broody and snowy together in my bedroom they seem to get on well, they were out together for over 1 and a half hours, im going to get them out together later on tonight to so they can get to know each other more. Here's so pictures of them together Snowy the white one looks scared as she's frightened of the camera.

I'm hoping that i'll be able to add boyd into the group when i put indie in his new cage as he's coming upto 9 weeks old, and soon when i get indie and syroo neutered i hoping to get them into a group of 5 and convert the shed to make it big enough for them.

some questions that i have:
1. When to you think i could put broody and snowy into the same cage?
2. What breed of rabbit do you think snowy is (the white one) as i think maybe she is a rex cross?
3. And do you have any advice on trying to get 5 rabbits bonded, 3 doe's and 2 bucks?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come see more of my fur babies at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I don't have any tips for you -sorry. But I will watch this thread as I have been thinking of adding a third bunny if my two ever learn to behave!
I worry about one being lonely if the other should (God forbid) pass away.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

well thanks for your reply

i've got them both housed together in the shed now as they were getting on like a house on fire earlier in the pet carrier and on my bed, im hoping in the next couple of days i can add boyd to the group she is broody's mam and used to be housed with her before syroo got in and got both of them pregnant, so i had to separate them, so hopefully it will just ne snowy and boyd that will need time to bond with each other.

Will keep you's all updated on my progress .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 06:18 PM

like kathy im hoping to get a third as bif may have cancer and i dont want to go through lonely grieving bunny again id die of a broken heart!

I would say shes not a rex..rexs have a flat coat almost like velvet..she looks like shes got a bit of nethie..netherland dwarf in there..and those eye markings kinda remind me of a HOTOT..
see the piccy on this link if you dont believe me!

http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/resou...warf_hotot.htm

look familiar?!!

very cute..and looks like its goingwell..fingers crossed!

there are many here with group bunnies so im sure someone will be along to advise you soon..
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Snowy looks like a Rhinelander mix because of her coloring...look them up . She also may have some Hotot or Californian mixed in.

Once they are not fighting and groom or play together you can try putting them in the same cage. I would only do it for a few hours at first just to make sure they are ok with it.

For bonding multiple bunnies I like to let them all run around together in a large, neutral territory. An excercise pen or a room is good for this .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 09:23 PM

all the best with them sorry i cant be any help
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

thanks for the replys i looked at the hotot a few months ago but they only get the eye markings i havent seen a picture of them with ear markings and 3 spots running down the back, i'll look up them over breeds i defo think she is a cross breed and she's around the size of a french lop she may grow bigger as every few weeks she seems to be getting bigger.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Title Thief Victim

cant help, but they are too cute!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by storminstaffs
thanks for the replys i looked at the hotot a few months ago but they only get the eye markings i havent seen a picture of them with ear markings and 3 spots running down the back, i'll look up them over breeds i defo think she is a cross breed and she's around the size of a french lop she may grow bigger as every few weeks she seems to be getting bigger.
This is a Rhinelander: http://www.gotpetsonline.com/picture...ander-0001.jpg

See the markings? Just like your bun. And her body shape reminds me of a Californian or New Zealand.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
This is a Rhinelander: http://www.gotpetsonline.com/picture...ander-0001.jpg

See the markings? Just like your bun. And her body shape reminds me of a Californian or New Zealand.
yh that does look simialar

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

now i have all 3 of my girlies bonded together it was quite easy to do they didn't fight just abit of hair pulling but thats what i expected and now they have been happily living together in the same huge hutch for a few days.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Cute pics! I'm glad it went so well .

~Stephanie

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

thanks

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Title Thief Victim

very cute, i like the one of the one with its legs out!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa
very cute, i like the one of the one with its legs out!
thats broody she takes after her daddy syroo my black and white dutch they are very outgoing

Tags
netherland dwarf