Bonding more then 1 Bun Question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Bonding more then 1 Bun Question

Hey Everyone.

My young cousin and her family are moving into a new place that has little/no yard, She is in college & working so has little spare time. My cousin has a 'hutch' bunny (he lives outside) named Bo who is a 3 year old Mini Rex (velvatine?) bun, he's not neutered.
My Aunt has been bugging me to take him since I bought my new house last year, and now with them moving and me seeing what a great bun he 'could' be with a little TLC (and a snip snip ) i'm wondering if there's any chance of bonding him to my two buns (one is 1 the other 2 or 3)?

I'm so new to the bunny world, though loving every minute of it. i don't want to make any mistakes, or take on more animals then I can handle.

I'd like to know your thoughts, and experiance with these types of situations.
Thank You!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 04:24 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Any "chance"?? Certainly. How much of a chance you need someone a lot more knowledgeable than me, and I doubt if even they could be sure.

With all these critters, including gerbils, intro's are very hard to figure. Chemistry I guess.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Part of the Pack

it could go either way. sometimes when rabbits bond they are terrirtorial of eachother- but if they are all fixed you might be able to have a successful bonding. what are your two rabbits? 2 males, 2 females, or a male and a female?

2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

2 Neutered males are my boys.
It seems it could really go either way, and if it dosn't work out i just don't have the room for another indoor rabbit hutch.. I have ALOT to think about.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

It could work . I have two neutered males who are completely bonded. Actually, I've found that bonding two males is easier then two females .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Adolescent Pup

I know they recommend a male and female pairing but i know of bonded neutered males and bonded neutered females...its sometimes longer to bond..but every bunny pair are different..

We have finally bonded our 2..just as i gave up and started to clear a space in my bedroom for the lady bun to live in!
her name when we got her from the rescue was leonie but i dont think anyone had called her by it..and shed lived in a hutch for 18months........our oscar lived in a hutch for 8 months..and BOTH are now house bunnies.

Heres a link to the site my 21 yr old daughter who has severe CFS/M.E has made about bunny bonding..there are pics videos shot by her of our bunnies..and day by day accounts of our experience so far.

its

http://fuzzywigs.moonfruit.com

i hope its of some help.

Also you must remeber it takes 4 weeks following males neutering for the hormones to drop.

good luck

Tags
mini rex, neutered male