Botanical Hay from Oxbow? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Botanical Hay from Oxbow?

I was going to order a few different kinds of hays for our rabbits. I noticed they have a new Botanical Hay with herbs mixed in. Have any of you used this product yet? Also, what types of hay have you found to be your rabbits favorite? I know mine have all liked something different
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't heard of that type, I bet Zeus would love it though! Zeus right now gets timathy hay from Oxbow and loves it - even though I am very allergic to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

I notice the small animal hay is MUCH dustier than farm hay. Because the packaged hay is cut smaller, maybe? You should try another kind of hay mixed in and see if it helps to make the Timothy less dusty. I think I will get that Botanical and try it. I will let you know if my rabbits like it. I'm sure it would be much healthier if I just added fresh chamomile, rose and all that other stuff in their hay. Oh, but wait, I have a brown thumb and cant grow herbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Lol - I can't grow plants either. I have 2 house plants in my room and am astonished that they're still alive. It's probably because I make my mom take care of them for me when I go to NJ for the summers and vacations, and she's great with plants.

Definatly let us know how the botanical hay is! I need to get Zeus new hay soon too. I get him the huge 10lb boxes of Oxbow and it usually lasts him about 2 months. He's a really picky eater, so alot of it gets wasted. He will only eat the green leafy pieces, and leaves the rest. I want to try to find a hay that's more leafy if I can, so he would eat more of it. And less dusty would be awesome, but I can deal with the allergies either way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I got a similar hay once...it wasn't Oxbow but it had herbs mixed in. The rabbits loved it .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."