bun bun toys?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

bun bun toys??

I'm looking for some new toys for my bunny, Kodo. He is a baby and is fairly small, he gets bored pretty easily. are there any toys that any of you buy that keep your bunny happily entertained? Do you make any out of things like toilet paper rolls or wood blocks? plz respond and help me find a toy that make kodo happy. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 09:33 PM
is a little "special"

Smudge love it when I stuff "special" hay (Like orchard grass) into a TP tube for him. He also loves sticks and balls made out of willow branches, an olod litter box full of shredded paper, cardboard, aspen shavings, hay and apple tree sticks that he can dig in, and a cardboard tunnel I made him. Most rabbits LOVE anything they can eat, so putting their favorite food some where so they have to find it and work a little to get it is pretty entertaining for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

My rabbits all time favorite toy is cardboard boxes! We collect all the cardboard boxes that we get from getting stuff delivered to the house, and even have a few friends who donate their boxes to us.

I use the boxes to make them things like tunnels, and box forts. They have a great time hiding in the boxes, sleeping in them, chewing them up. When they get old and destroyed, I just throw them away and replace them.

With my bunnies other toys, I rotate them once a week so they don't get too bored with them. They have balls with bells, wooden toys they can chew, balls, rattles, stuff like that. One of my boys loves this plastic ball that has a bell in it. They all really like toys made out of unpeeled willow, but those never last long before they get destroyed.

You can put hay and a few treats into a toilet paper roll and give him that. If you have any really small boxes, you can close them up with treats inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

My bunny has toilet paper rolls stuffed with hay and plastic balls with bells in them and cardboard tunnels, willow balls. i think he just has a very short attention span. i like the idea of rotating the toys once a week. i will give it a try. Thanks
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Playful Pup

my Bunny has a little cat toy that hangs off the top of his cage. it's a rubber duck thats made out of like wood (i guess is what it is) with little strings/ropes. i got it from walmart.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeEdZzYx View Post
my Bunny has a little cat toy that hangs off the top of his cage. it's a rubber duck thats made out of like wood (i guess is what it is) with little strings/ropes. i got it from walmart.
thats pretty cool. is it ok if your cage has a high cieling??
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Adolescent Pup

My bun has two cats to keep him entertained XD

I usually make box forts, stuff tp and paper towel tubes with hay and raisins, empty scotch tape rolls, my cats corrugated cardboard scratching pad, my cats sisal scratching posts, and chewable bird toys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My rabbits like a toy called "Slim Cat". It is a plastic ball with holes in it. You open the ball and put their food pellets in it. To get their food out, they have to roll it around until the pellets fall out of the holes.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 AM
is a little "special"

Where did you get that, Moonchild? I sounds like alot more fun for them insead of just putting pellets in a bowl.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

i was searching around for the slim cat too because i think it sounds like something that will keep my bunny occupied. i found it on amazon by typing "slim cat" in to the search bar.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I bought Slim Cat at Chuck and Don's but you can order it through Drs Foster and Smith.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I have a toy like that. Not the same exact one but it's the same concept .

Sakura especially liked it and would roll it around the house:

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I went to Mills Fleet Farm today and found the Slim Cat ball for $2.89.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Adolescent Pup

I have a couple of bird toys hanging in the bunny cage.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 PM
is a little "special"

I got Smudge one of those Slim Cat toys at FleetFarm, and I think he likes it! I showed him that food comes out of it, and he started nosing it a little, so Im pretty sure he gets the concept of it.

What do you usually put in it though? I put some pellets in it and a couple papya treats, but I cant think of much else to put in it and I dont want ot overload him with junk food.

Tags
bunny, fun, playtime, toys