bun questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

bun questions

so I really want to bring home some buns in about a year or so, I am trying to do as much research on it as I possibly can before hand.

I really want to get a little mini rex buck and a little mini hoot doe.

I certainly want to make sure that i get them both fixed if I do go this route.

I am not sure if I can get both at the same time and I am probably not going to try to go that option.

I just know the chances of me getting the other while I still have the other is fairly well since rabbits do live for quite a while.

if anyone has any recommendations for me on how to handle the situation that would be really helpful I am trying to do as much reseach as I can before hand…i just wanted to see what other opinions on how i can handle this as best i can……

when and if the time does come if anything I plan on bring home a cute lil mini rex probably next summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Adolescent Pup

Maybe it's just because im tired and read to fast but what i see so far is your question is whether or not to get them fixed at the same time?
If this is your question, i would deff. get them both done together. however this all depends on your vet. Of course he wouldn;t be fixing both rabbits at the same time but he should be able to get two rabbits fixed in one day....I would also suggest you keep them apart for 1-2 days before introducing them after surgery.

We strive to make the safest products out there with the best customer service at unbeatable prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Serving the Exotic pets since 2005
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dogs, Cats, Ferrets. Rabbits, Mice, Hamsters, Sugar Gliders, Chinchilla's and more!

4 Rabbits
- 3 Gliders
-6 Ratties

2 kitties
- 1 dog

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Betta Bomb

It takes up to a few months for them to be actually "infertile" after a neuter. Meaning, a newly neutered male bunny can still impregnate a female because the right stuff is still there.
Get them separate and then bond them. I also recommend rescuing them. I live in a small city compared to mainland Canada and our rescue is after having a few mini rex's and a couple hotots. Bonus of rescues is sometimes the rabbits are adopted out already spayed-neutered.