LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Bun Toys

What do you use for bun toys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Playful Pup

Hey we have 2 rabbits a neutured male and female. In their cage they have the cardboard inner of the kitchen roll, Mirror like large parrot mirror, hanging wooden chew toys that you can buy for ratties, hamsters, chinchilla's that sort of thing, a large rabbit jingle ball which they pick up and throw around and another toy with a bell in it that they can also throw around.

Parrot toys are good ones they are larger. Hope this helps. Rabbits love playing with toys.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 03:27 PM

Not all rabbits. I know for fact that some rabbits in the forums don't prefer toys or are very picky about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Betta Bomb

yeah one of my bunnies, Acacia LOVES anything that rattles so i buy her baby rattles which are safe to chew and extremely fun to toss around.And she loves cardboard boxes that she can crawl into and chew. My other bunny, Akina actually doesnt play with toys at all. They're more of an inconvenience to her and she completley ignores them,she will, however chew on books(just look at my bookshelf) and instead she likes to lie down with a person or my dog and relax.

All bunnies are different and just make sure to have a wide variety of toys available and keep rotating and keeping the toys fresh and new for them so they wont get bored.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

We have all sorts of things cardboard boxes, toilet paper rolls, hard plastic cat balls, bunny rattles, a large ball that jingles (not sure if it's a pet toy or a kids toy), two pieces of two by fours that are cut down but still heavy, phone books and magazines, untreated willow baskets, a mirror (the one that goes on the back of a door), fleece blankies, cats....
Ollie loves to pick up the heavy pieces of wood and drop them so they bang loudly. Teddy has some of his toys tied to the back of his baby gate - he likes to chew on them. He loves to rip up phone books and magazines. Ophelia doesn't seem to like toys much. Penelope loves her cardboard boxes! and she loves to rearrange things. If you move a things in her room she moves them back. And she adores her blankies. I give her fleece that is cut up. There is no strings to cause any problems and she does chew on them - they all look like swiss cheese!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

Flash prefers things he can dig his teeth into that won't move while he chews on them - carpet, furniture, walls, etc. So I give him big blocks of wood, baskets, and large cardboard boxes with something in them to weigh them down - and then I put those in front of the other things he's not supposed to chew! It actually works. As long as he's got something big and stable to chew on, he doesn't much care what it is.

Actually, his taste in toys seems to be changing lately. He never used to like small things that he could move, but I gave him some cardboard rolls, like from the center of
a toilet paper roll, and he's recently started playing with them.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I have asked friends and family to save their empty toilet paper rolls. You can get a lot quickly that way.
Oh and my dog Frank LOVES them as well. He has since he was a puppy. If he sees me changing the roll of toilet paper in the powder room he waits for the empty roll. Not a bunny story - but I thought it was funny.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Betta Bomb

It is cute! Coco loves them as long as there's a treat inside for him to get at..Acacia likes the sound those rolls makes if there's a treat rolled up inside and Akina just shreds the heck out of them to eat as if she's always starved lol
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 11:41 AM

We use cat jingle balls - Rosie loves to pick them up with her teeth and toss them around. We also have some shop bought toys.

Another thing to try, is using a toilet roll inner tube, filling it with hay, then the rabbit has to work to get the hay out just a bit of stimulation and exercise combined.

Tags
bun toys