Bunni hates me? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Bunni hates me?

I've had my bunny named bunni for about 4 months now and yet he still tends to shy away from me. It seems like he hates me!! Well, I think it that way. He has free roam of the house. I think that's the problem, he is just use to being independent. I try to lay down and wait for him to 'investigate' me. but he will just lay down a couple feet away. It doesn't seem like he likes me to pet him. I am thinking about just getting him another bunny to play with. He seems bored. And he doesn't even play with the toys I buy him. He eats normally and drinks, but he dislikes treats I try to give him to gain his confidence towards me. He just roams around and hops on his own. How can i gain his trust, and admiration that I read about from all of you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Playful Pup

Hi Nads,

I'm definitely not a bunny expert - I still learn something new every day. And I'm sure Bunni doesn't hate you, but I think you might be onto something with it having to do with him being able to roam freely around the house. If it's always been like that, then maybe he didn't have a chance to bond with you before becoming so independent. Well, it's sounds possible anyway. I'm sure someone will be along soon that will be better qualified to answer your post. Good luck with him!

Lucy
BunMom
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Is he a baby or adopted? If he was adopted maybe he's not use to having a lot of space to run around and he is jusy being happy & curious about all this space. Have you try bananas for treat? as soon as my two rabbits smell bananas they go nuts. Some rabbits do not like to be petted as well. Maybe another rabbit would help, maybe not. They sometime teach things to each other, if the other one bonds with you maybe it'll show him that you are not so "scary". Is your bunny neuter? that helps too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:47 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

i think it would be a smart idea to limit his space, just until he gets a little friendlier with you. i would try just confining him to one or two rooms in the house, mainly rooms you use the most (just pick the quieter room for his food and litterbox since he'll probably spend the most time there). that way he will see you constantly and get use to your habits and the noises you make. that may help him come around a little bit more

bananas - if you haven't tried them yet - try them, my buns love them, especially my Charlie
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Part of the Pack

hello

i doubt very much that Bunni hates you! i think it is something that he will lay near you if you lay down on the floor. i say just keep doing that with him. spend as much time with him as you can. it took my youngest bunny a while to get snuggly. she is very skittish and used to just hide. but after a couple months of pouring attention all over her constantly - one day when i was on my bed she came over and gave me kisses on my nose!!! since then shes been a dream. i think you will also see this day but just dont give up and keep showing Bunni you want to be his bestest buddy! time will strengthen your bond with him. i'm sure he loves you very much, and is probably just a very independent bunny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

oh! All these suggestions have been most helpful!! The other day I limited his space to just my room (that's where his cage and litterbox is). It was funny because he kept running around trying to find the "outside" world (the rest of the house) that he tired himself out and just layed outside his cage! He didn't even move when i walked to him to pet him!!! i was so excited and so very happy. Then at night he jumped around and sat on my bed next to me!! I was so happy...He's so cute! i love rabbits. He's only about 5 months old. maybe 6. aw...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:29 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

that's awesome!!
bunnies are great, aren't they?
my buns beat out every other pet i've had; i'm so happy that he's beginning to come around - i bet after a while, he'll probably follow you around the house right at your feet like mine do with me!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Awesome. Have you try bananas yet? i don't know any bunnies that say no to that.

Im so happy for you, any pictures????
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Wow he is a cutie, the pic is a little big (had to save it on my Computer to be able to see the whole thing.)
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Playful Pup

Awwwwwww such pretty eyes he has! what a sweet bundle of fur!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 01:48 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

he is a doll!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

Oh, he's so cute! I'm glad he's coming around to liking you.

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

wups! ha ha, i didn't know the picture was THAT big!!! Yea, he sat on my lap and was wondering what the metal thing in my hand was. then he freaked out when the flash went off!, so i had to turn it off...he is cute. i'll find another pic...a smaller one.......
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Part of the Pack

Is he a dwarf?