Bunnies Choice - Location of Litter box - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Bunnies Choice - Location of Litter box

I was just curious as to the location your bunny chose for their litter box....

Both Molly and Lucky chose the back right corner. I'm trying to relocate Molly's to the other side of her cage...she keeps pushing it to the centre. Now she has less room for playing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I use a box big enough that they can't move it around to much. Most of the boxes I place in the back of the cages/pens and they use them without question. My smallest pens are 3.5x3.5 with 2 levels, i keep the boxes on the lower level.
I have found once they are litter trained I can place the box where I want compared to where they want to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

I use a large litterbox too, so my rabbits never move it around. I also use NIC's for my cage, so I built a little area for the litter box in one corner, so that it has cube panels surrounding it on all sides except for one so they can't move it or throw as much litter out on all 4 sides. My litterbox is the perfect size, it takes up one cube on their cage floor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

My litterboxes are big but one of my rabbits is very large and the other is just crazy (he has a heavy ceramic food dish that he THROWS). So they do get moved sometimes . Elvis usually keeps his in the back right corner of his cage and Fiona has her's on the right side too. Fiona doesn't like it in the corner, though, and has it vertical so it ends up taking a good part of that side of the cage . She's not too active so I guess she doesn't mind not having as much playing room.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
litter box, litter train, litter trained