bunnies and Electric wire - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

bunnies and Electric wire

dose any one know any way to stop bunnies chowing on wiring?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

block it off, move it, spray it with bitter apple spray (doesn't always work)

Only way to make them stop is by moving it away.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:25 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

hiding it mostly.. they seem to be attracted to it no matter how much you shoo them away, some people have had success with the bitter sprays, but i wouldn't risk it. the best way to keep bunny (and your electronics) safe is to hide the wires, or block them off, you can use NIC panels to form a little gate, or you can buy hard covers to put over the wires, but in our house, if theres a wire exposed somewhere, hoppity will find it. silly little thing she is, we've been able to tuck most of them behind furniture, then we just have to block off so she cant get behind it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

I don't have any wires at all in my bunny room, but in the other rooms that the bunnies sometimes go to I make sure all the wires are up high, blocked off, or covered in plastic wire protectors. You can buy wire protectors at some hardware stores and also pet stores and online. Just make sure to keep an eye on them, because the bunnies will still chew on the protectors and if they chew through them completly it's possable they can get to the wires.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:54 PM

Again like everyone said hide them.. although i used to find my bunny always had ways of finding them.. could you not make a little pen for him? just so you can put him in there or block of where your wires are? there is also things called Wire tidys that zip up over the wires like these plastic things so your wires are covered" xx
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 AM

Everyone has pretty much said it all, but make sure you don't leave the bunny alone if you know the room is not totally bunny proof. I let my bunny running around the house only if I'm free to look after him, my living room is the only place where I can't have it completely bunny proof, so everytime I let him out play I make sure that I always available to watch after him.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Newborn Pup

Get some cheap wire covers at IKEA or home depot.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 01:08 AM
Betta Bomb

I keep mine high up and out of reach plus my room is pretty much lned off with those C & C square things. Home Depot and Canadian Tire stores carry PVC tubing which you could threasd your wires through
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 12:24 PM
is a little "special"

When Smudge has his floortime, I always block off anything potentially dangerous by making a NIC gate around it. ^^ Sometimes pet store sell bunny-proof tube things that protect the electric cords.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
bunnies