Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Bunnies and metal?

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  keieeeye 
#1 ·
I'm getting my 8 week old mini lop Captain Holly used to wandering around my room and I've got it pretty bunny safe but quite often I notice him licking madly at the metal base of my computer chair or the metal clip on his harness, as well as sometimes the metal nozzles on his water bottles. At first he licked quite a lot of things but the metal seems to be the only thing he returns to consistently. Why would this be?

#2 ·
I have never heard of this. My first thought was - since he has a water bottle maybe he thinks that anything metal will give him a drink?
Anyone else have any ideas?

#3 ·
I dont think its a problem... Smudge licks just about everything during his floortime. Maybe he just thinks its tasty?

#6 ·
Not yet, at the moment I'm thinking about more toys to keep him occupied, though he does like having clear space in my room so he can just race around and do binkies. He does laps around his hutch. XD I'm going to do him up a digging box and probably see about jingly balls and maybe figure out something safe to cater to his glass/metal fascination.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.