Bunny alone?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Bunny alone?!

Hi, I am going away for 2 days and I can't find a bunny sitter and cannot bring my bunny with me. Is it ok to leave it alone for 2-3 days? I'd leave it in a room doors closed with lots of hay and some pellets for him to look for?! What you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:43 PM

I think 3 days would be pushing it. What if it tipped over its food bowl or the water bottle leaked? You would find a very weakand sick, possibly even dead, bunny when you come back. There are so many things that could go wrong, I personally wouldn't leave my guys for that long.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

He wouldnt be caged for 2-3 days, he would have a whole room and I thought of putting a couple dishes of water. I just cant bring him with me. But now with so many people being on vacation...it is hard to find someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:51 PM

Dishes of water would be an even worse idea. Even if the dish is heavy, it can still be tipped over. What are you doing with the rest of your pets?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Indy, my Meyers, will come with me. My 2 cats will stay...with lots of extra food and water.... Just that with my sports car, I can only bring 1 pet with me..Indy has the priority since he requires more interaction than my Bunny. As a matter of fact, my Bunny will be alone only for one full day. Since the first day that I am leaving, I will be here in the morning and 3rd day I will be home around lunch time...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:42 PM

Do what you think is best. I'm just telling you my opinion...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Will let you know how it'll go. I have no choice, not like I am volontarely leaving my bunny alone. I was posting just to have ideas on how to make his 2-3 days alone safer...not for a opinion...since I have NO choice to leave him home. Thanks anyways
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

There are quite a few pet sitting services now. Esp. being in Ottawa, you should be able to find one to come and take care of your bunny. Why is it that you have to go away?

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Leave 3 times the amount of food/hay/water you think she'll use if that's the route you go. You might have a friend drop in and check on her too, just to be on the safe side.

Stephanie

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 08:14 PM

You may even find that if absolutely necessary, your vet's office may have room to bunny sit for the weekend or the 2-3 days you will be gone.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Leave 3 times the amount of food/hay/water you think she'll use if that's the route you go. You might have a friend drop in and check on her too, just to be on the safe side.
Thank you Jade for your advice. In this situation I have no choice to leave my bunny. This woman was asking $20/day...which is too much. Anyways, I really hope my Bunny will do well. As mentionned he will be by himself only for 1 full day since the day before I'll be here until noon and the day I am returning i'll be here around noon-ish.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:34 AM

i am sure he will be fine. i have had to leave my bun alone for three days. i got her a 5 day pet feeder bin and a huge water bottle. i put a lot of hay in there and cleaned out her box before i left. when i came back home she was just fine and dandy. still had food, water, and hay. but her litter box sure did look awful (i was using newspaper at the time)
i know alot can happen in three days. like said before, just get a friend to stop by and check on him.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty_ratkins
i am sure he will be fine. i have had to leave my bun alone for three days. i got her a 5 day pet feeder bin and a huge water bottle. i put a lot of hay in there and cleaned out her box before i left. when i came back home she was just fine and dandy. still had food, water, and hay. but her litter box sure did look awful (i was using newspaper at the time)
i know alot can happen in three days. like said before, just get a friend to stop by and check on him.
Thanks that's exactly what I was wondering, if other poeple also had to leave their bunnies for a few day. It certainly makes me feel better about leaving my bunny. Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Some people just dont understand that sometimes you cant just bring your bunny or find a sitter...sure am glad that someone here understood my situation.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

You did notice
Quote:
right? You had said no one whould check on the bunny, which is where the concern is. As long as someone can check daily then you are fine. But if no one can check, it's quite a risk. I have left my chins for a week, but that's with someone coming once a day to see them. And $20 is cheap for the life of your pet. I hope you don't come home to a $200 vet bill instead.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 07:45 PM

That's exactly what I was going to say.
Closed Thread

Tags
animal abuse, food bowl, litter box