Bunny Bunny Bunny!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

rocheal from what you have said the breeder's advice seems pretty accurate!!I'd just let her have unlimited hay but still just feed her twice a day (1/4 cup each time). You'll know yourself when your bunny is growing how much to alter the foods. Just give one lot of food in the morning and then one in the evening (at sun down preferably!) Rabbits will eat consistently...in the wild they don't know when their next feed will be so they eat and eat incase it's a couple of days. Shadow is sooooo overweight and I have to resist her so much cause she just gives me this look of 'oh please mum just one more carrot...I promise I'll start my diet tomorrow!'lol A lot of people will tell you not to feed your rabbit vegies until they are a few months old but I have always introduced mine to vegies slowly at a young age (usually just carrots and a bit of broccoli until they get older) and they never got diarrhea from it or anything like that. Both of mine are on diets so they just get their dry food in the morning and then i give them some nice hard vegie to crunch on of a night time cause none of them are interested in a wood chew or anything like that to help grind their teeth. Look there I've gone again talking about my 'children' lol!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dry food, flemish giant, flemish giants, kitty litter, litter tray, potty train, potty trained, potty training