Bunny Chase! and some pics... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Wink Bunny Chase! and some pics...

Ok, so last night Mike and I decided to move Sonora and Rusty's pens and put them next to each other. They still don't get along and we thought they might start liking each other a little more if they get used to being around each other. While we were doing this, Sonora was having her play time so she was out running around. Then she voluntarily went back in her pen and started eating some hay. Mike started moving Rusty's pen, and he lifted it up too high. Rusty got out and Sonora just took of after him! Poor Rusty just ran and ran and ran for his life. What a chase! I was like "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, she's going to kill him!!!" Mike was like "No she's not!"

So this went on all around the living room and under the couch and down the hallway, and then Rusty ran back into the rabbit room. Luckily Sonora was far enough behind him at that moment for me to shut the door and lock her out! So Rusty went back in his pen, and I picked up the wild beast (Sonora) and put her back in her pen. It was an interesting experience! Poor Rusty is so afraid of her, yet he is soooo much bigger that she is!

Now that they live next to each other, they completely ignore one another. But I know that tonight when I let one of them out, they will fight each other through the bars of the pen. Crazy buns!

Here are some pics:
"We don't like each other."

more following...

Last edited by veggiegirl; 10-19-2004 at 06:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

"Mommy don't let her get me!"

The little brat.

more following...
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

"Oh, come on! I just want to play with him!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 06:41 PM

Red face Re bunny pics..

Hi Steph, your bunny pics are cute! Do they get on alright living in your home? Do they make a lot of mess?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEBUNNY
Hi Steph, your bunny pics are cute! Do they get on alright living in your home? Do they make a lot of mess?
They are fine as long as they are separated! They are litter box trained so they don't make a mess. I just have to make sure that they don't chew any cords up. Sonora used to try to chew on the couch but if I push it away from the wall a little, she leaves it alone.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 08:16 PM

Adorable!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 09:58 PM

How cute, you just have to think of it this way, Steph. Sonora is an angel...in training.

Don;t your buns tip over the litter box, because that's what mine always do and I have the same one as you.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
How cute, you just have to think of it this way, Steph. Sonora is an angel...in training.

Don;t your buns tip over the litter box, because that's what mine always do and I have the same one as you.
Really? No they don't. Rusty is very clean. He's so easy to care for. Sonora is a bit messier and sometimes she kicks litter out of the box, especially when she's mad! They can't tip it over though. My bunnies are smaller than they look in the pics I think. Sonora is only like 3 1/2 lbs and Rusty is about 4lbs.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Oh, have you tried putting holes in the litterbox and attaching it to the cage? I was thinking about doing that when I had Mo because he would always push the litterbox around.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 03:58 AM

Aweeeeee poor Rusty.......love the pics, and the story just makes ya wanna grab Rusty up and snuggle the poor guy and oh my you can surely see the devil in Sonora's eyes in that last pic .......hahaha!!!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 11:21 AM

Hey, veggiegirl. Now that I see Rusty up close, I can tell he is actually a broken red, not a broken castor as I originally thought from the picture in your siggy.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabita
Hey, veggiegirl. Now that I see Rusty up close, I can tell he is actually a broken red, not a broken castor as I originally thought from the picture in your siggy.
really? what is the difference? (don't know anything about that stuff lol)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 03:52 PM

Actually, I have a perfect visual for you. http://tsukiyo.org/Varieties/furcolour2.html shows an approximation of the bands of colour on the hair shaft for each colour. That particular page has castor. http://tsukiyo.org/Varieties/furcolourC.html has red on it. Castor has 3 bands of colour. Dark blue-grey is closest to the skin, red-brown (like Rusty's colour) is in the middle, and there is black tipping on the top. Reds, like rusty, just have the red-brown colour if they have perfect colour. Some with less than perfect colour will have what is called "smut" where there is a little black tipping at the top of the coat. The colour closest to the skin can range from light grey, white, cream, or red like the rest of the coat. White or cream is the best.

Then http://www.tsukiyo.org/BreedInfo/Pro...varieties.html shows the different colours in mini rex, both showable and non-showable. I have all of the showable colours in the guide, but am missing several of the noon-showable colours. That guide shows the colour as a baby, as a junior (teenager, basically), and as a senior (adult) since certain colours look different as babies than as adults.

You would not happen to have a picture of Rusty as a baby, would you? I need a broken red baby picture for my guide.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Wow interesting. Thanks for that info! The red mini rex does look like Rusty! No, unfortunately I don't have a baby pic of him. I have only had him for about a month, and I think he is around 2 years old. He was at a shelter and then rescued by the Bunny Bunch and was in foster care for six months. I don't think he had a very good home before the shelter because he wasn't neutered, and as you can see his ears were bitten by other rabbits. Good luck on finding a pic!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 05:29 PM

I'll find one eventually. I am trying to get a picture of a baby, junior, and senior of each showable variety in each breed, plus as many non-showable breeds and colours as I can. It has been over a year in the process.

Tags
blue eyed white, box trained, litter box, litter box trained, mini rex, white spots