Bunny Games - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Bunny Games

What games do all of you play with your bunnies?

Most of us provide toys for them to play with but how many of you actually play with them one on one?

Sakura likes to practice her tricks for food and she also likes balls...if you roll one towards her she'll often roll it back. She especially plays that game with my little sister...they'll play it for a while.

Fiona doesn't really play games but she gets so excited when I call her that I guess that counts . She's more into cuddling so every day I just make sure to pet her a lot .

The two boys love playing with a slinkie I have, especially Stash. I make it move across the room and he grabs it and tugs.

Elvis loves the game of chase...especially when he gets to chase me . He'll chase me around the house and if he catches up I give him a treat. Stash is starting to learn this game, too.

Elvis now plays hide and seek with me as well. I hide somewhere and call his name and he'll run around looking for me . He's a very intelligent rabbit and I'm always coming up with new games for him.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

heh, hoppity doesnt really play games with me.. altho we cant really give him free run of the house here.. i do like to wind him up every once in awhile when hes being a pest.. i try and touch his tail and he tries to get my hand and he goes in lil circles.. kinda mean i know, but he started it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 06:26 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

out of my 7 bunnies there's only syroo that likes to play the others just like to run around the garden and my bedroom chewing things they sudden lol, syroo plays with pop bottles and brushes and he likes this cat ball thingy with a bell inside that he pushes around with his nose

edited to add: hopefully when i get the males neutered the rabbits will play with each other and keep each other company

Come see more of my fur babies at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Part of the Pack

I make Lucky do figure 8 s around my legs by following his treat. After a couple times he then stands in front of me and begs to get the reward. If he has to do too many circles, he is quite aggressive grabbing the treat...then I say careful and give him another and he delicately takes it from me.

When he was a baby, I would sit on the floor to read...tuck my bookmark in the back pages. He would climb up...grab the book mark and run. I would stand up to retrieve it and he would run circles around me making grunting squeeks...still with the book mark in his mouth.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storminstaffs
out of my 7 bunnies there's only syroo that likes to play the others just like to run around the garden and my bedroom chewing things they sudden lol, syroo plays with pop bottles and brushes and he likes this cat ball thingy with a bell inside that he pushes around with his nose

edited to add: hopefully when i get the males neutered the rabbits will play with each other and keep each other company
when you let your rabbits outside, do you put them in a play pen? is it possible for them to walk around the yard with you without wanting to run away?

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 PM

This is funny that you bring this up - apparently my own husband doesn't know the games that I play with the buns. He taped an America's Funniest Animals for me so I could see someone playing "catch" with their bunny. He wanted me to see that bunnies could play catch... I told him very politely that I already play catch with two of our buns.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 02:41 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratikans
when you let your rabbits outside, do you put them in a play pen? is it possible for them to walk around the yard with you without wanting to run away?
the area i put them in my garden is all fenced with a gate but it has to be to keep the dogs out as i don't trust the dogs near the rabbits

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storminstaffs
the area i put them in my garden is all fenced with a gate but it has to be to keep the dogs out as i don't trust the dogs near the rabbits
do the rabbits ever try to run away?

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

no the just eat grass and hop about there's no where they could run anyway

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I try to play with the slinky with my two. Mostly I pick up one end and hand it to them to pull on. If you hand things to Oliver he likes to throw them. He is so adorable when he stands up and throws his head back. I guess I have to learn how to play with them.
Oh the other day I hunched down and they jumped on my back - does that count?

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Part of the Pack

That counts in my books. Lucky does the same thing if he is on the top floor of his cage and I'm crawled in the lower floor cleaning it. It's a nice bridge for him. Not very comfortable for me though! lol......all the blood draining into my head.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

The things we do to make our kids happy!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I take a stack of those cheap plastic chairs and arrange them in there large play yard to make a maze. If I leave them their long enough, Chewy will map out an obsticle course and figure out where to run through, jump over and duck under. He will run the same course over and over getting faster every time. They do not play games with me, but their play yard is in a corner of the yard and each of my neighbors has dogs. There is one dog my Chewy loves to tease, running back and fourth along the fence because he knows the dog can't get him. Those neighbors have two dogs and Chewy is friend with the other dog, and I have seen them touch noses through the fence.