Bunny Grooming Tips - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Red face Bunny Grooming Tips

So, since Sumi had her surgery she has gotten more and more dirty everyday. I guess that's what happens when you can lick yourself with a cone around your head.

But I was wondering what suggestions you could give me about gettin her clean. I know you're not suppose to bath them... But she really stinks like urine and poo.

I've wiped her paws off, but it doesn't seem to do the trick. Her paws are still relatively dirty... and she still stinks.

I have family coming to visit, and I'd like her looking her best.

THanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 02:15 PM

How long does Sumi has to keep her e-collar on? because if you can take it off then she will clean herself. Maybe you call the Vet and ask if you can take the cone off. Snoopy just got neutered like 2 weeks ago, and his sutures area pretty healed after a week, but had to wait for 2 weeks to remove the sutures. Perhaps asking the Vet is your first option, because if her surgery area still not heal, you don't want to give her bath and let the dirty water get to it. Good luck!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Betta Bomb

There are pet wipes which i suppose are safe,i have never used them so i dotn know about being safe for bunnies. maybe wipe her down with a damp cloth(not wet) which would clean any dirt off. and maybe ask the vet if they could either wash her for you or if your allowed to take it off for a while so she can do it herself. im pretty sure she wont pull out her sutres since it will hurt alot,she'll probably pick a little to get a feel for what they are and clean around them.good luck ; )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 02:37 PM
is a little "special"

Ive given Smudge baths before LOL! He wasnt exactly thrilled.
You can use a wet washcloth (thats what I usually do), or, if shes really dirty, fill a small tub with about 2 in. of warm water, and dunk her lil booty and paws in it. You can by shampoo for bunnies and other small animals too LOL... We have strawberry smelling stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 PM
can't think of one, help

be careful about getting her wet, if her sutures are still in. But you can use a wet wash cloth to spot clean her. Also baby wipes might work for a more frequent spot clean.

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Betta Bomb

Ask the vet about Hipitane soap-i dont know how to spell it but thats how you say it ; )- but i had it for when Akina had a messy fannie.It's really mild soap which is safe to wash the sutres with
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Part of the Pack

We were given hipitane soap after Molly's spay. If you can remove the cone for a short time she will clean herself...just watch if she starts cleaning around surgery site...Molly started to loosen her sutures herself...so on went the cone again.

Tags
bunny grooming, cleaning