Photos! Bunny Holds Grudge - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Bunny Holds Grudge

ok so first off I'm new to this site but i've read it for awhile.

My fiance got me my mini rex for christmas because he knew i had always wanted one i had asked for one my whole childhood and never got one (even on Easter-bunny day- how horrible is that?)

anyway i decided to name her Nilla because shes brown and white and it reminded me of nilla waffers (the white for the vanilla the brown for the waffer) and as you can tell i love food just as much as my bun.

we've continually upgraded her cages as shes gotten older and bigger and shes always taken to them very well, she never minded me picking her up before because i constantly handled her from the begining.

so here is my issue, she was always very loveable loved to lick (and sometimes get a little too friendly with my arm) until we got her this new home, i had a wire cage on the floor of my room and we upgraded to an indoor hutch, and now i go to pet her and she runs away from me, the hutch has a drop down ramp so she can come and go when she pleases and now shes become little miss independent and wants nothing to do with me ive gotten her a little use to me again by sitting on the floor and letting her approach me instead of the other way around, she is not spayed yet but i plan on doing it in the near future, do you think the spaying will help or do you think shes holding a grudge because instead of having her 4 open sides she now only has 1. help please!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nilla1.jpg (6.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg nilla3.jpg (29.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg nilla4.jpg (20.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg nilla2.jpg (28.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg nilla.jpg (19.0 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Nillas_Mom; 07-14-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 02:44 AM
I am allergic to maths

Welcome to paw talk. What a cute bunny! First of, it sounds like a possible false pregnancy, she should get over when the babies are supposed to come. Obviously this is a hormonal thing, and so it could also just be hormone related aggression. Getting her spayed will help with aggression and help prevent things like false pregnacys, and diseases related to the womb & uterus.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Thank you! It gives me hope that my bun won't hate me forever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Adolescent Pup

Good Advice!
Ahhhh she is so cute - she looks so happy!!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Welcome to the forum! That bun is so sweet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Hello Earthling

Welcome to the forum! neutering is usually recommended for rabbit as a previous posted stated. It helps with aggression, litter box training and health.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:01 PM
is a little "special"

Welcome to the forum!
Im pretty sure your rabbit is acually a Dutch bunny, because Ive never seen a Mini Rex with those markings or fur type! Ive always had Dutch rabbits, and theyre an awesome breed <3
Getting her spayed will help with behavior, and it will also eliminate the risk of reproductive cancer. And to me, it doesnt sound like she is holding a grudge against you. Some buns are just a little more aloof, but that doesnt mean that they dont love you!
Good luck!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Betta Bomb

HA, ditto to above mentioned.. I have a mini-rex and although yours is uber adorables I think Nilla is actually a dutch. She definetly doesnt hate you, they dont take well to change alot of the time. Maybe she needs a friend??
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Oh she is just adorable! Try bribing her with special treats she can only get from you. I like to hand feed my buns their fruit every night. Although the two that really like being hand fed are the most aloof! I don't think there is a connection though.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

thanks everyone!

she's starting to come around a bit she's still not back to her normal self but im hoping it take baby steps... i also scheduled her spay for next week, so i need some information on that... do i give her a smaller cage, what do i do, i don't want to do the wrong thing for her.
thanks again!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:21 AM
I am allergic to maths

She should be fine. She doesnt need any special treatment, except maybe her faviourite food. If your vet tells you to fast her, PLEASE find a new vet. NEVER fast a bun thats about to have an operation, they cant throw up and having an empty belly just puts them at more risk. Any vet that tells you to fast her cant be very experienced. She wont need a smaller cage, just lots of love!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Betta Bomb

When I brought Acacia in, they asked to bring along a carrier with her scent on it (blankets,toys and lots of HAY) and a baggie of food even though she didnt want to eat in an uncomfortable atmosphere. She might get cold to the touch, Acacia did and practically frightened the life out of me. Then the vet gave me Herbivore Critical Care which is administered through syringe and smells like black licorice but contains vital nutrients and minerals and encourages them to eat again..
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 01:33 PM

really cute bunny she kinda looks like mine!

Tags
rabbit