Bunny Need A Diaper? :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Question Bunny Need A Diaper? :(

My 2 1/2 month old bunny Penny is pooing AHLOT!!!
When I take her out and set her down, she leaves behind about 8 pellets in 30 seconds!
What up with Pen-Pen?

Hurray
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOVE4BUNNIS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creamy Fixing A Car

Penny Cooking Dinner

Penny Doin' The Laundry

3 years Ago *Baby Creamy*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I don't have a rabbit, but is she litter trained? I think that could help.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

No, but I think It has something to do with being a baby.

Hurray

LOVE4BUNNIS

Creamy Fixing A Car

Penny Cooking Dinner

Penny Doin' The Laundry

3 years Ago *Baby Creamy*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I would try to litter train her while she is young and then you won't have problems in the future, but I think you are right...like all babies she doesn't know.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Rodentologist

Rabbits make a lot of poop. Nothing is wrong with her.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Playful Pup

That's perfectly normal. She's probably either scared about getting picked up and being put in a new spot, or she's trying to mark the area as her's. Especially if you have other pets, the area might smell like them so she makes sure to poop everywhere to make sure everyone knows it's /her/ space.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Betta Bomb

She's marking her territory, theres nothing wrong with the amount of poo she lays out. Also, try to establish good litterobx etiquette now,lay a box wherever she frequently pees and poo's. Then praise her when she squats and pees in it. Place ALOT of hay in too so she'll hang out for a while.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:15 AM
is a little "special"

Like everyone said, she is just marking her territory Perfectly normal.
You will wantto get her spayed when shes older, and this will help ALOT with her territory marking!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Betta Bomb

OH will it ever?!?!?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

hehe i dont think a diaper on a bunny would work very well, altho it would be incredibly cute Like everyone else said, rabbits dropping poos aare perfectly normal. There easy enough to clean up, and will be reduced some by having her spayed and starting litter training.

And as a side note, i have to mention because some people don't know. when we talk about litter for rabbits its not the same kind as for cats, Rabbit litter is usually paper based or wood shavings (never pine or cedar)

My Furry Family
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Betta Bomb

NEVER cat litter either. I use Yesterdays News and recently on a cost reduced plan for school I began sneaking newspapers from work to lay under the layer of yesterdays News and a thin lyer of hay on top, then the racks of hey are kept full.

Tags
baby, bunny, cute, litter, poop