Is bunny old or is something wrong? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Smile Is bunny old or is something wrong?

Could someone please tell me how long a healthy house bunny lives for. My bunny is acting strange lately, but don't know if its to do with old age or if something is actually wrong. She is eating and going to the toilet, but lately I have noticed that she just pees anywhere and not in her litter tray as she normally does. Also when she eats she looks down into her chin kind of, but I have checked her teeth and they seem to be aligned and not overlapping.
Her back legs don't seem to have any strength lately either, but she still loves her cuddles and comes out of her house evey morning.
Maybe I am being paranoid, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Part of the Pack

i have heard 7 to 8 years or more if your bunny is real healthy. not sure about that- mine are only one year so far! but a friend of mine has two that are7 years old now.

however- sounds like something may be up with your bunny! i'd take her to the vet, if possible. especially if she keeps up with the peeing all over when she usually goes in her box. mishaps happen, of coarse, but if it doesn't stop there might be a reason for it.

hope eveything is okay with her though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Playful Pup

Smile

My other bunny lived till he was about 10 or 11. He was a old bunny!!!Healthy though.

Mother of:

Bear
Cadbury
Sassie

3 Fishies
Louie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Bunnies can live to be over 12 years old. But no matter if the bunny is old or not, it should still receive vet care. I think you should pay your rabbit savvy vet a visit!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks for all the advise, it is great to chat to like minded people who are crazy for the little bunnies!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Newborn Pup

You can't really say how old bunnies live too, as they are all individual. My Toby is 14 and going strong with no health issues.

Toby is 15 in Dec
Visit the Golden Bunnies Forum

Tags
litter tray, rabbit savvy vet, vet care