Bunny poop question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Bunny poop question

Ok, this topic is weird and pretty gross but it's a recurring problem with my bunny Snuggles so here goes... I've had Snuggles for about 2 months now and his poop is fine most of the time. However, at different times during the day, his poop will become mushy and diarrhea-like. Not runny liquid or anything, but definitely not the normal round rabbit poops. It's more flat and squashed, like a pancake (a poop pancake, lol. Ok no more jokes! I promise). Later on in the day though, his poop is perfectly normal. I'm just wondering - do any of your bunnies do this?? Should I be worried? It happens about once every day or once every other day...maybe once every 2 days at the most. I've also noticed that whenever I feed him fresh fruits/veggies, he will have a larger amount of mushy poop than normal, so I haven't been giving these to him for the most part.

Other than that, he's a perfectly happy little guy. What do you guys think? Any advice/suggestions would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 01:13 AM

Ok, rabbits have great difficulty keeping their systems balanced. Extra watery food items (like fresh grass, or fresh fruits and veggies) will often cause soft stools.

Cut back on the watery items, and you shouldn't see this happen for a while. Feed extra hay, and cut back on pellets to restore stools to "normal" consistency.