Bunny poop size? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Bunny poop size?

Do bigger or smaller poops indicate anything about the bunny's health? Flash's poops are definitely bigger the last few days, and I'm not sure why. He's eating about the same, and he's acting playful and healthy, so I'm not overly worried. Actually, I think his poops may have been too small before, and now they're up to a normal size. I'm just not sure what changed.

--Fromper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Part of the Pack

Smaller poops indicate problems with digestion as well as moisture content in poops. It is nice to see those big dry ones with hay in them.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I think he's eating more hay lately, which may be why his poops are healthier. Flash was very tentative about most foods when I first got him and started introducing him to new stuff, but lately, he's just an eating machine. He'll eat anything that's not nailed down, and some things that are (carpet, for instance).

--Fromper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah - I know smaller poops can be bad and can be signs of the beginnings of GI stasis.

Most bunnies don't love a new food the first time they try it. My rabbits hardly touch new foods the first time I offer it to them, but if I keep giving it to them they'll eventually try it and learn to love it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain View Post
Yeah - I know smaller poops can be bad and can be signs of the beginnings of GI stasis.

Most bunnies don't love a new food the first time they try it. My rabbits hardly touch new foods the first time I offer it to them, but if I keep giving it to them they'll eventually try it and learn to love it.
Flash was like that for the first couple of weeks, but as I said, he's turned into an eating machine. Now, he'll chow down on anything I put in front of his face. If he likes it, he'll beg for more. If not, he'll go about his business. But he's no longer shy about trying things.

--Fromper
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

At least I know that it's normal for buns to be suspicious of new foods. Ophelia will never try any new foods. I swear she waits for Oliver to eat it first to make sure it's "safe". Luckily Oliver can only wait so long before his tummy over comes his suspicions.
Penelope and Teddy are not as bad as Ophelia but I think they can wait longer than Oliver.
I expect them to act like that with new veggies -but they are just as suspicious of new fruits! I will sit with them and keep assuring them it's safe - but they just do not believe me. They seem to always wait until I leave the room to try it!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:41 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

If they are too small, means digestion problem/possible blockage or hairball. Always good to give rabbits a preventative, like mango and other foods or medication to keep from getting blocked. It can be leathal if blocked and not caught in time.

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.