Bunny Problems... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Bunny Problems...

Alrighty, so I'm trying to bond Stash and Elvis to Sakura again. It's going much better then I thought it would and I can now have them all out without constant fighting.

However, now Sakura won't leave her cage when the boys are around. I can understand her being nervous since Elvis has bitten her a couple times but I'm right there and it shouldn't happen again. Stash is a sweetheart who never bothers her at all...but she still won't go near him.

I feel awful about this and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to force her out but at the same time she can't be happy in a cage all day .

Any ideas?

By the way, Elvis likes to eat outside of his cage. Whenever I give him his vegetables or a treat he carries the food outside and eats. It's cute except for when I come home to find lettuce all over my room . Anyone else have a bunny like that?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Anyone? =/

Now I've been caging Stash and Elvis sometimes so that Sakura can come out. But she always looks nervous now .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Part of the Pack

hmm.. i'm not sure of what you could do other than just give it time. i'm sure she will either accept stash and elvis or she won't. hopefully she will! If they are not attacking each other then i am sure in time she will adjust. maybe she is just real intimidated for now since she probably sees it as 2 males against the one of her (even though they are friendly) hopefully she will ease herself into the situation eventually.

rabbits seem to be quite stubborn and resistant to change- thats how mine are anyway. my youngest rabbit is a real sweet little girl and would love to be friends with my oldest rabbit. However- my oldest rabbit Thimble just refuses. she won't viciously bite Sniffles anymore but still grunts at her and nips at her like there's no tomorrow. its been over a year and nothings changing...

but since yours aren't fighting now - hopefully Sakura will accept the situation for you so they can all live together happily. i think its just a matter of giving it time to progress at her pace. good luck with things!

2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

Last edited by Fane81; 03-07-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thanks .

I just feel really bad because she's so afraid to leave her cage...

~Stephanie

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Get the new Rabbits USA for 2006. They have an awesome article for getting cage clingers out of the cage. It really has tons of awesome tips for getting your bunny out.
It's funny you mention Elvis running out of his cage when he gets something, Harry does the exact opposite!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Get the new Rabbits USA for 2006. They have an awesome article for getting cage clingers out of the cage. It really has tons of awesome tips for getting your bunny out.
It's funny you mention Elvis running out of his cage when he gets something, Harry does the exact opposite!
I actually did get it already . I read the article but it didn't help much. She normally runs right out...it's just that she's so scared of the boys.

~Stephanie

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Oh well, maybe you could put her and one of the guys in a different room and show her it's okay? Other than that...I can't help you.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Oh well, maybe you could put her and one of the guys in a different room and show her it's okay? Other than that...I can't help you.
I've been doing stuff like that but it really, really stresses her out which upsets me . At the moment she won't let me pet her because she thinks I'll pick her up and put her with the boys .

Thanks anyways, though. It looks like I'll just have to wait and see if she gets braver.

~Stephanie

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

for bonding, have u tried car rides, i had gave my two rabbits a long car ride everynight, i had a hard time bonding them. Also put them in a neutral area and try to get them to cuddle by petting them all together... (if u haven;t tried yet) i mean maybe it would get her to see that she can have a good time with both of them, if it's working and they are cuddling well keep on doing it and be patient

Good luch
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieQC
for bonding, have u tried car rides, i had gave my two rabbits a long car ride everynight, i had a hard time bonding them. Also put them in a neutral area and try to get them to cuddle by petting them all together... (if u haven;t tried yet) i mean maybe it would get her to see that she can have a good time with both of them, if it's working and they are cuddling well keep on doing it and be patient

Good luch
Well, the thing is, they aren't fighting and it's not like I want to have them all live in the same cage or anything. My problem is that Sakura is scared of them now =/. I'd rather not traumatize her with a car ride (but I did use that method when I first got Elvis and Stash).

~Stephanie