Bunny Toys? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Mud

Bunny Toys?

i was just out with Thumper and noticed he was playing with his food dish alot, i gave him a paper plate, a paper towel tube and a plastic butter dish to play with, anyway my question is; does anyone have any good ideas for inexpensive homemade bunny toys???

thanks a bunch.
Clae.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 06:45 PM

inexpensive... BABY TOYS! my bunnies love the little rings with the keys.
and there is a huge pack on the rings called "linky-doos" for 9 bucks. thats one of the few things my buns will play with it.

bunnies like to shred phone books too. Mine love to bunch up and unroll and dig at towels, blankets, and rags
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Boxes are great rabbit toys (as well as a nice hiding place!). Paper bags work well too...you can even fill them with hay and a few treats.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Pine cones - not that Tabby plays with them anymore. But she did once. Oh she liked her slinky but I took it away after it got caught on her foot.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathydip
Pine cones - not that Tabby plays with them anymore. But she did once. Oh she liked her slinky but I took it away after it got caught on her foot.
I forgot about pinecones! My rabbits aren't crazy about them but still throw them around sometimes. I get them from outside but I always wash them carefully and cook them in the oven to kill bugs and bacteria.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 04:18 PM

I glue popcicle sticks together for my rodents as houses, and found my bunnies like chewing on them and tossing them around. (Use packaged sticks & non toxic glue).
Baby toys are a #1 toy around here, i have also bought picknic burger plates, they are made of straw and put together like a basket sorta, those are fun.
Cat toys, like plastic balls w/ bells in them, Aniseed love them.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 04:59 PM

glued pop sicle sticks! oh wow, i am so doing that! i am going to make a bunny house, next time i go to the craft store
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 06:04 PM

our old doe had 2 yoghurt tubs taped together with a little dry macaroni in..she loved to push it around! cardboard tubes stuffed withhay..pine cones...cardboard boxes with little windows and doors cut out..they play peekabooo a lot!
Any hard baby teether rings from a garage sale etc..old soccer balls to nudge along with their noses..lightweight plastic beaker..they bang em around..branches and twigs from a fruit tree..apple or pear that hasnt been sprayed with pesticides..they strip the bark..chew the wood and chuck it around with gusto!
mine loved a couple of cardboard boxes togehter as bunnies love an entrance and an exit...with different level windows and flaps to poke noses through and hay inside or/and litter pan..they love it in there..ooh paper bags..dont they love em!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 06:13 PM

forget this one. my buns loved it

pringles can (those chips that are in a tin can) with some rocks in it.
they push it around and make all kinds of racket with it
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Mud

thanks SO very very much every one!!!!! you gave me some great ideas that i'm sure Thumper will love !!!!! thank you.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 08:14 PM

Walmart has a pack of like 10 small cat toy balls. They have a plastic bell inside even so no fear od the metal......we have multiple bunnys and they all love these balls!

Tags
cardboard box, cardboard boxes, litter pan