Photos! Bunny's new crib - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Talking Bunny's new crib

I was thinking about re-doing it for a while. Was thinking about it for my break before school starts again. I got sick of the way it was. One thing lead to another and I totally re-vamped it!! I didn't mean to but I did buy the appropriate materials yesterday... Without further ado...

So the main changes were: I took out the old top level and put it on the other side, made it bigger. And with the top of the old side I have a spot for my stuffed animals!! They don't get in the way now, her stuff is on the side with the new level. It's stronger and sturdier than ever. She's been using the cat scratch thing like a fiend Chewing on it and running up and down it. I'm happy with the result. It cost me no more than replacement cable ties, hook-n-stick ties (velcro), and NIC left over from her babysitter cage at xmas. I found Akina's old fleece blanket and that's in the wash now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Newborn Pup

Very nice! I'm hoping to do something like this eventually but I only have very limited space, and no materials to make it at the moment. I may have to rearrange some furniure to hopefully make some more space that is also accessible to me. But yeah this looks great
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Thanks! The beauty of diy is that you can fit them to any space!! I'm after playing with NIC for 4 houses now (one house I moved them twice). But yes, I would love to see your work when you get it done All of my NIC came from Wal Mart in multiple trips, each priced at about 15-20$ for 15 squares. My first pen used up 2 packs of the squares and 1 pack of cable ties. So probably only cost me 41$ WAY cheaper and better than any commoercial cage you'll find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Newborn Pup

Wow then maybe I really should do something like that, since it is wayyyy cheaper. As soon as I get him to use the litter box at least. lol
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

litter box habits- I can't even remember training Kaysh. I know it was easier to pick up all her poops and put them in the litter box rather than throw them out. I couldn't hold her at the time (tenacious terror) so I couldn't pick her up and place her in the litter Some people can do that though when they learn how to tell when a bunny's about to pee
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Playful Pup

Neat!! I've seen setups like this before with the squares for guinea pigs. It never even occured to me to do this for bunnies! How long did it take to build initially?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sophie the pitbull <3
Jayma the Holland Lop <3
Mariska the Holland Lop <3
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

O.o back when I moved in (aug '10) I just built this from the floor up with no real plan. (actually that's how I did this too, along with life in general) Maybe both times it took an hour-2 hours. But that's because I'm used to putting these up by myself, with help it could have been half the time. Matt would have helped but he went to the store for supper
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Adolescent Pup

I put Hamm's cage together myself and I'd never used power tools so it took me a good four hours of blood, sweat and tears...

Wow, that cage is brilliant! If I ever have an empty closet I know exactly what I'm turning it into! Can you give the dimensions (in NIC panels)? It looks super huge but I know Hamm's cage looked bigger on the website.... I don't think it's big enough but that'll have to wait until I've moved out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Oh.. hmm. It's mostly 3 long and 4-5 tall. My closet is small so some panels overlap . It's not huge, I can get in there and sit at an awkward angle.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 10:02 PM
is a little "special"

Looks good!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Thanks!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Oh.. hmm. It's mostly 3 long and 4-5 tall. My closet is small so some panels overlap . It's not huge, I can get in there and sit at an awkward angle.
Hamm's is three by three so it's still larger than his! It looks bigger than that though... maybe cuz you managed to stuff so much floorspace?

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Probably. She definitely loves the new top level. I put her food and water up there. What she's been doing is making me slave and pick up her cat ramp because every single time I do she pulls it and it drops back down to the floor -_- I know she is managing to jump without it to go to the litter (she left evidence) but she still likes the ramp to be there. . My, what slaves we become to them eh? Sheesh.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 11:28 PM
It's all for them

That's really neat. I'd love to see her moving around in there. Can you get some video?

Declawing: please read this first
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Absolutely!! Once I get my student loan come through I'm rushing out to buy a deece camera. I've gone without for too long. You will be sorry you asked for video I won't be able to stop!!!