Cage aggression - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Cage aggression

I have 12 week old male Lionlop that is very aggresive while he is in his cage. When I feed or put hay in his cage he lunges at me (ears back and tail up) and trys to bite my hand. But when I reach in to pick him up he just sits quietly. Oliver only shows aggression when I am moving something in his cage or when I feed him. I don't know what to do? I am hoping that neutering him will stop the cage aggression but thats 2 months away what do I do until then?
~Hayley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 12:11 PM
zen
Newborn Pup

Hi, I was just reading an article on here that talked about this- they suggested it might be because the bun has figured out it'll make you drop the food & leave them alone to eat.

It's called when-bunny-turns-a-mean-tooth, I bet you can find it if you search, they won't let me post a link with my postcount.

Good luck!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank I'll look for it.
~hayley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Playful Pup

Cage aggression is actually quite normal for rabbits and some are more aggressive than others. Rabbits are very territorial and don't like their space invaded. I would suggest you respect his space and try to clean, refill food, hay, water when he is out of the cage.

Rabbits are also notorious for liking things a certain way so when you move something around in their cage, they may not like it. They are funny creatures with little quirks like this - and you will learn more about your bunny's personality over time - what they like, don't like and will and will not tolerate.

And the neutering should help. I doubt the aggression will totally go away, but it should dissipate. Good luck!

Tags
rabbit cage aggression