Cage questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Cage questions

Heys

I'm trying to find a new cage for Zeus online for when we stay with Chris. We've been using a cube cage there but I don't have much room to make it huge, so I figured I might as well get him a nice sturdy cage.

I don't want anything huge because of the limited space there, and Zeus is almost never in his cage anyways. I just need something where I can put his litter box and food/water, he'll only be in there when we can't be home to watch him.

Also I'm looking for something that's collapasable since we only stay with Chris in the summertimes and stuff for now, so he'll need to be able to store the cage when we're not around.

I was looking at the Martin cages - has anyone ever used one of those for a bunny? I noticed that you can get cages that are PVC-coated, powder coated, or galvanized. I'm not really sure what the diffrence is between the three - is one better then the others?

Also this is dumb, but if it says like 18" x 24" x 14" is that length X height X width or is that not the order? And is it inches or...? Lol I suck at this stuff.

If you have any other sites that you can recommend for cages let me know Or even names of brands or pet stores I should look at.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:17 PM

I just wanted to say that at Guineapigcages, they show you how to make the Rabbit cages out of the same material as guinea pig cages. There are pictures in the gallary too.

rabbits
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks -

That's actually what I was already using for him though. I love the creative cube cages, but I want something diffrent for Chris's house because theres not as much room there for me to make him a huge cage, I don't really see any advantage to using the cubes when I have to make normal sized cage anyways - I'd rather just go out and buy one instead of having to put it together everytime I go over there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

what about a large dog crate

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 06:30 AM

These guys sell them on-line,
rossrabbits

I have a double storey cage that I got from an e-bay shop, there's lots on there too.

Jay & Bertie
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 06:41 AM

I always thought the measurements went in this order: Length X Width X Height
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks - I think your right.

I might try a dog crate or something - I'm not sure yet.

Tags
guinea pig, guinea pig cage, guinea pig cages, litter box, pet store, pet stores, pig cages, rabbit cage