cages? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Hunny Bunny

cages?

Idk which i like more. which would you guys recommend?? a c&c or 2 modified store bought? or what type of cage do you gave? Pictures are needed plz.

Last edited by Mumble Hedgie; 01-11-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Hunny Bunny

Is a multi level cage a good idea? hes currently in the biggest store bought cage you can buy. Im thinking about building a c&c top on top of it so it will be multi level. For some reason i cant post pictures. or id show you guys what i mean. lol. please i need your opinions.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Betta Bomb

I cannot see the pics. Hands down, make your own. Cages you buy are too cramped/small. NIC condo's are pretty easy to make. And you can change them anytime or expand them etc...
Here's my most recent structure (Acacia has had many designs) .. Except I changed the flooring since this pic and attached plastic mats around the bottom to keep the cat's paws out. This gives you an idea of why a homemade cage is better- plus it is WAAAAYYY cheaper. I cannot express that enough. This cage cost me 50$ or less.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bunnyoldcondo.jpg (57.2 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Hunny Bunny

I have all the cubes all I need is the floor bottom. Any ideas for that?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Hunny Bunny

And I am kinda limited on space. and i dont wanna keep him in a basement. like i dont even like to be in the basement. do any of you keep your bunnies in the basement?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Betta Bomb

Bottom one. Hands down. The plastic in the top one will get chewed, not sturdy enough. The second one looks like another model of the last one. So that one is fine too. Third one is not tall enough nor wide enough imo to allow zoomies and jumping. The last one is large enough for a cat litter box as the rabbits box- this is good for space and because bunnies like big litter boxes. One side for their waste and one side for their hay. Those small corner ones made "for" small animals are a waste of money.

No I don't keep my pets in the basement, we ALL live in the basement together!! (basement apt lol) Bunnies are social complex mammals. They like to be in a busy room to hear what's happening. They love to run around and interact with the family. I would never keep my bunny in a room that does not receive a lot of human traffic.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Hunny Bunny

okay so 3 cubes by 4 cubes? what do you use for the floor? binoo has a habbit of digging.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Betta Bomb

I used NIC for the bottom. Laid the whole structure on a dollar store shower curtain, then lined the inside of it with another shower curtain, then newspapers and then her sheet.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Hunny Bunny

so i made binoo a c&c cage and now he chews on the door until i open it. he usually does this around 6:30am and he wont stop. so i open it after all the bunny proofing is done then he demands to have me pet him. do you think having a friend will stop him chewing on the bars? also should i put a shelf in the cage? i need to go buy more cubes when im in the usa in a month but for now he has a good size cage and he loves it. he just demands that the door must be open.