Can anyone help me? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Question Can anyone help me?

Hello I have a rescue Dutch rabbit that I know nothing about. I had her out last night and say something white in the middle of the black in her eye. My Mom thought it might just be the TV or a light reflecting on her eye but tonight it was the same and I opened her eye up more a bit and it looked a bit blood shot. I was wondering if there was anything I could do? Maybe eye drops for now? We think she may have hurt it when playing in her litter... Any Ideas?
Thanks. Allie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She may have an ulcer and should be seen by a vet today. Ulcers can quickly lead to blindness or even losing the eye.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Do you really think? I don't have the money to bring her to the vet. I've been tryin to get my hedgehog better and all my money went to her vet bills.... I dunno what I'm gonna do if this is true....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 02:20 AM

I dont know much about bunnies at all but i agree with Steph. Also start thinking about setting up a pet savings account at your bank and only use if for your pets
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Unfortunately so. An eye is an eye, no matter the species. My pug had melting ulcers and nearly had to have surgery to save his eyes. The other alternative is cataracts if she's old but you really have to rule out the ulcer. I'd lean towards the ulcer since the rest of the eye seems irritated.

In the meantime, rinse the eye with some artificial tears or straight saline. DO NOT use Visine or any other eye drop. It has to say Saline or Artificial Tears to be safe.

Stephanie

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

ok I will try to see what I can do. Thanks for the advice.
<3 Allie
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 05:27 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Good luck! Let us know how it goes, and give your gal a scratch for me.

Stephanie

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 12:02 PM

How is your bunny? Keep us informed..