Carmen & Steph (Veggi) ???? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Aweee 4 weeks old how precious.... Yes I'm counting the days, Darren will find out if they are ready when he goes to work tomorrow, so keep those fingers that we get them this week..... I can't be certain but I think they will be 5-6 weeks this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 12:33 PM

I can't wait to see pics! I won't chase you down like Carmen though!
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

lol phewwww <wiping brow> hehehe!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 10:21 AM

I didn't read through the whole thread, so I'm not sure if this was covered or not, but...as for the chinnies and bunnies in the same room...It was recommeded to me by several exotic vets that buns and chins should not be housed in the same room. I was told that rabbits can carry diseases than aren't harmful to rabbits but could be devastating to chinchillas. I do know of a few people that house their rabbits and chins in the same room, but to be on the safe side, the chins have their own room and the rabbit cages are in my living room. If you are concerned about the dogs bothering them, neither of my rabbits had ever seen a dog before they came here and the pitties don't bother the buns at all. Just some info for you and congrats on the bun-buns!
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Mandie..... Nope that wasn't covered, it was waiting for you, like Steph and Carmen mentioned you have both bunnies and chinnies so they were leaving that one up to you What about play time together? If they shouldn't be housed together, than maybe they shouldn't play together either.
I'm not too worried about most of the dog's, I'm worried about the few that like to chase and torment the cats and those are the same one's whose mouths water when they see the chinnies out during play time (we have a screen door on the chinnie room and the hallway is gated, so the dog's can view from the other side of the gate)
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWife97
Thanks Mandie..... Nope that wasn't covered, it was waiting for you, like Steph and Carmen mentioned you have both bunnies and chinnies so they were leaving that one up to you What about play time together? If they shouldn't be housed together, than maybe they shouldn't play together either.
I'm not too worried about most of the dog's, I'm worried about the few that like to chase and torment the cats and those are the same one's whose mouths water when they see the chinnies out during play time (we have a screen door on the chinnie room and the hallway is gated, so the dog's can view from the other side of the gate)
Well, the vets say that because of the potential for passing disease, they shouldn't play together either...they also say to change your clothing and wash hands between handling chins and rabbits but personally I don't go that far unless someone were ill. So far, no problems. Also, un neutered male rabbits can and will hump anything that moves (or doesn't move) including other male rabbits and cats. (see the Lucky Jack thread ) so I would be concerned about them trying to hump the chins and causing injury. I haven't technically introduced the rabbits to the dogs outside of the rabbit cages yet, but when I do, I'll be starting with Orion...his prey drive is nill he'll probably run from them! Kali on the other hand is a different story...she likes to chase squirrels so that one will be handled delicately leash in hand. Eventually I would like for the rabbits to be able to have playtime without having to lock the dogs in the bedroom. I'll let you know how that goes when the time comes. Dutchie needs to be fixed first though, or he'll be raping the dogs next!
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Mandie..... I know Carmen was clear on the humping anything that moves knowledge .... I will definitely be getting them spayed/neutered about 4 months of age to prevent that along with any possible health problems..... WOW to have to change clothing after handling a rabbit than a chin, hmmm yeah a bit much, of course unless they are sick as you mentioned than that would be common sense.... Well Guess the bunnies will be residing in our bedroom where the Chinnies used to be (before getting their own room). That's okay though we can make this work

Tags
alfalfa hay, baby bunnies, baby bunny, black spots, box trained, cardboard box, cardboard boxes, dandelion greens, exotic vet, food bowl, food bowls, grass hay, guinea pig, hind legs, litter box, litter box trained, litter tray, lucky jack, neutered male, pet store, rabbit cage, social animals, timothy hay, white spots