Carpet Digging- Help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Carpet Digging- Help!

I have two in the house but they have found a couple of spots they like to dig in the carpet. Once they discovered they could dig up the carpet they go back to the same spot and work on it until they have once again dug it up. Is there anything I can put down that will cover this? They have their own little rug to dig in but they prefer my carpet. Also does anyone know anything to cover up door trim? Like a plastic so they won't be tempted. They have plenty of toys to chew on. They just seem to like these spots.

I do at least get a new hallway out of it (that is where they dug up the carpet).

Any info would be appreciated.

Kibblesmom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I would get some straw mats and place them wear they usually dig so they'll learn to use the mats instead.

You could also try making a "digging box". Get a box and fill it with shredded newspaper, hay, and hidden treats. It'll give them something to do . I would make sure to have plenty of toys around, too.

Are they females and if so, are they spayed? Unspayed females tend to especially crazy about digging.

Oh, and I've heard rabbits absolutely hate aluminum foil. So you could try putting some where they dig to get them to stop and then try to redirect them to straw mats, a piece of cardboard, a digging box, etc.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

One is a female the other a male both fixed. The female showed the male how to do it and now he is the one that digs the most. It is always at the end of the hallway or at a door they want into. Almost like a dog scratching at the door. They have the straw mats I just didn't want them in those places. They also have cardboard (which I have actually used at times to place over the boo boo's). They just move it and dig. They have a digging box but apparently they would rather drive mommy crazy. I have had to actually cover the rips with heavy objects so they can't move them. They are strong little boogers. Thanks for the advice. I might try the mats there. Of course it will look like a mine field. ha