CHase! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

CHase!

so since my break up i havent been on here much. my ex got most of the pets and i was left with my dog bella which dont get me wrong is great. since moving into my new place iv aquired 2 new pets a budgie named aiko meaning little love in japense and a bunny yes a bunny i named chase I got him due to my neighbour bought his little girl a bunny for easter and the little girl wouldnt take care of it. of course the little girl wouldnt as shes only 4 she doesnt no any better .(ill stop ranting now) i bought him a cage as they had kept him in a bird cage and bought him some hay , he is the cutest little thing i swore never to have a bunny again after stewie died (rip mommys big baby) but chase just melted my heart away. iv added a picture that looks exactly like him but isnt him as I dont have a cam yet. I was wondering if theres any advice on rabbits anyone would like to give me to refresh my memory on bunny care. exspecially littre trainning.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 01-16-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 02:37 PM

awwwwww very very cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Part of the Pack

So good for the bunny that you were there at the right time, or who knows what woulda happened to him?! I had a bunny once, too, but although I learned alot about them from experience, there's still alot I don't know. Ask Jess!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your new bunny! One of my rabbits was an "Easter bunny" too - Chase is lucky to have found a good home.

Is he a holland lop, do you know? I have 2 holland lops and they're great.

Are you planning on getting him fixed? That always helps tons with litter training. Make sure to keep the litter box filled with hay.

In case you need any refreshers, this is a great site...

http://www.rabbit.org/

Here is their section on litter training...

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/litter.html

I don't know what other types of tips you need, since I know you've had a rabbit before. But if you have any specific questions feel free to ask! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Chase!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain View Post
Congrats on your new bunny! One of my rabbits was an "Easter bunny" too - Chase is lucky to have found a good home.

Is he a holland lop, do you know? I have 2 holland lops and they're great.

Are you planning on getting him fixed? That always helps tons with litter training. Make sure to keep the litter box filled with hay.

In case you need any refreshers, this is a great site...

http://www.rabbit.org/

Here is their section on litter training...

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/litter.html

I don't know what other types of tips you need, since I know you've had a rabbit before. But if you have any specific questions feel free to ask! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Chase!
Thanks for the link yes he is a holland lop bunny and i do eventaully plan to get him neutured. he has been to the vet to be checked already. hes only about 7 weeks.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Betta Bomb

Aww, thank goodness for you! He's cute! (Or that pic is anyway! lol)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

offical pics of chase :)

woot finally got pics of chase, hes much more lighter then the pics the cam was bad but adleast you get a general idea ^_^

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 01-16-2011 at 01:25 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 03:42 PM
is a little "special"

Aww, what a cutie! He is a little young to be away from his mama though. :/
And good luck with litter box training! He is still young, so it might take him a little while to get the idea, but it will be much easier after he is foxed!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

hes actaully doing supringly well i havent tried littre trainning him yet because of his age .but for some reason when i give him run of the room he goes back to his cage to do his business which is a start ^_^

By Anonymous
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

He's a cutie! It sounds like he's off to a good start.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

he definitely is now if hed stop escaping from his cage and trying to cuddle up with me all hours of the night it would be perfect lol

By Anonymous
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Lol I know that feeling. My male holland lop is an escape artist too. Then once he breaks out, of course the other two can get out too. I woke up the other morning to bunnies licking me. Not a horrible way start to my morning

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
he definitely is now if hed stop escaping from his cage and trying to cuddle up with me all hours of the night it would be perfect lol
Haha, my angora is an escape artist, too! It used to be really bad...she would get out every night . It was funny, too, because she would just find me and want attention rather than get into trouble (besides the occasional breaking into a cereal box).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
Haha, my angora is an escape artist, too! It used to be really bad...she would get out every night . It was funny, too, because she would just find me and want attention rather than get into trouble (besides the occasional breaking into a cereal box).
haha chase finds me or he thumps his foot none stop till i wake up n pay attention to him lol

By Anonymous

Tags
chase