Chewing - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Question Chewing

Once in a while, Smudge chews on the edges of my dressor and he likes to chew on the NIC panels Ive used to bunny-proof my room. I cant imagine that the paint on it is very good for him, so I was wondering what I could put on it so he would stop. Ive heard of the "Fooey" (sp?) stuff, but I dont want to spray anything strong in my room, since I sleep there and Smudge and Wink have sensitive eyes.

He has tons and tons of toys, hay, and other things to chew on but apparently my dressor and NIC panels are much better. Next time I go to the pet store, I might get him some new toys to keep him busy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Hello Earthling

I think you can take a bar of soap (Ivory I think) and sub it on the places where he is chewing. I am not certain though.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Ive never heard of that, but I think I would rather use some thing more natural... Like maybe a bad tasting fruit juice (Is lemon safe?) or something like that.

Andy other suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

our rabbit chews the NIC cubes sometimes too. not really sure what to do about it. As for your dresser. you could maybe try putting foil on it? not sure if that would work, and you'd have to watch to make sure he doesn't eat the foil, but maybe the different texture would turn him off? but then again he might like it too and that would be bad! lol. Or maybe try to put something he can chew in front of it? Our rabbit naughty habit is she has a thing for plastic grocery bags, I've been trying not to get them as much anymore, and the ones we get we keep in the pantry so we can use them for trash bags, so i have no idea where she finds them sometimes, but she goes crazy for them. Naughty little buns

My Furry Family
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

LOL! Smudge chews the paper bags I use for cleaning but hes not too interested in the plastic ones!
I looked behind my dressor where the NIC cubes are, and all of them except for ONE has been chewed on! I wonder what its secret is? It doesnt have a single bite mark on it, but the rest are practicly chewed to death.
And I have a feeling Smudge would just eat the foil. He will devour anything he can get his teeth on.

Has anyone seen Dragonrain? I know she knows some ways to keeps buns from chewing.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

Wish I could make a suggestion but I'm having the same problem. My bun has always been a chewer!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Smudge isnt too horribly bad, but I just dont want him getting sick.

Anyone else?? Seems like no one is on here lately.

Tags
chewing, rabbit