chewing up baseboards :o - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

chewing up baseboards :o

Anybody have any ideas to help me keep my bunnie from chewing up my baseboards (other than fencing my entire kitchen!)...Jack and Millie live in the kitchen 24/7...haven't put them backin their crate since Millie was spayed. They have stuff to chew on and toys etc...I just noticed that they are chewing up my baseboards in a couple of areas! I don't want to have to confine them when we are away and at night b/c they love to chill and play all day/night but I'm gonna have to fix this behavior before the hubby notices :O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Playful Pup

I've read multiple blogs, etc. that have mentioned lemon oil as a good deterrent. You just get a very small amount and put it where you don't want them chewing. You can do a little more research on exactly how this works if you'd like.

Linus hasn't even noticed the baseboards in my room yet, so I haven't had to encounter this problem yet.

What I do know for sure is not to go for bitter apple spray like they use for dogs. A lot of rabbits not only don't mind it, but actually like it MORE.

Another thing you can do is make them a "faux baseboard" to chew on by geting some rabbit-safe wood that kind of mimics the width and look of your baseboards and attach it upright somewhere they can easily get to.