cleaning vents? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

cleaning vents?

hello.

i'm wondering... one of my rabbits vent areas... i think that's what they're called- the vent-like things on either side of their pee area... anyway- one of my rabbits keeps getting a waxy build-up in there. my question is- can i clean them and what is safe to use? i bought some ultra-care wipes with lanolin for small animals but don't know if they are safe to use down there... i don't want to hurt my bunny...

has anyone else attempted to clean this area on their rabbits? i wouldn't even think to bother with her in such a sensitive place but she keeps getting hard waxy build-ups on both sides. they get stuck together and it looks uncomfortable.

any suggestions would be great. i've also heard i can use baby oil? is this true? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:23 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

???

Never heard of this! I will read future posts on this with interest.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

i know what your talking about. sorry i dont know what to use. maybe just try warm water first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I think you're better off taking your rabbit to a bunny savvy vet. waxy build up doesn't sound like anything good.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

hello.
thanks for your replies.
and after further examination - i think i'm just going to make an appointment with her vet. its weird because i read something online once that talked about this area on a rabbit but now for the life of me i cannot find it anywhere! but even if i could- it's probably better to ask an experienced vet about it anyway- especially since my other rabbit doesn't have any problkems like this...

oh well. thanks again!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 07:59 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I haven't seen anything unusual there - except rabbit testicles! I had been told Poppy was a "female" when I got "her". Wrong!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

oh my! that would definately be a surprise. i know i have two girls and originally thought my second one was a boy because the place i got her from had no clue what they were doing, and neither did i... but i would have taken her anyway cause she looked so depressed... and she was the cutest little thing i'd ever seen. hehe...

but anyway! i wonder if just female bunnies have these vents? i don't even know if that's the correct terminology - i just remember reading about it somewhere and that's what that article called them!