Colored Carefresh? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Colored Carefresh?

I was looking for rabbit stuff and came across this. It's colored Carefresh bedding, sounds interesting.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1127062674493

What do you guys think? I might just order some, if you guys think it's okay. It is Carefresh and says it's safe, so why not? It would be perfect for color-coordinating for fall, winter, spring, and summer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 06:43 PM

yeah i saw that in the pet store by where i live! i wanted to get some they have purple blue and pink. i thought it would be so cute (especially for my rats) but then i got nervous because it's dyed. i wasn't sure how safe it would be- especially since my rabbits eat everything they come in contact with. silly rabbits! hehe but i'm pretty sure its okay if its a carefresh product... but i'd also like to learn more about it first.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

It says it isn't dyed or something like that, so how is it colored? Did they just add food coloring? I know Harry likes to eat his bedding too, so I want to hear some more feedback or get some more info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 09:01 PM

Hmmm... I don't like colored stuff.. Many years ago I got green pine bedding for my hamster (this was before I new pine was bad for their health). Well... I ended up with a green hamster... which was not funny. It took more than 6 months for the dye to go away, even though I changed the bedding to non-colored one as soon as I noticed it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Wow...if that happens with Carefresh, I wouldn't be happy as Harry is almost all white...Thanks Dimaris. So if I use the white one, Harry will become prefectly white and clean?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Wow...if that happens with Carefresh, I wouldn't be happy as Harry is almost all white...Thanks Dimaris. So if I use the white one, Harry will become prefectly white and clean?
LOL! I wish it was like that! My poor little Phoebe is a bit yellowish from being marked (scent) by all her cagemates! LOL... My hamster had a grey head and butt, and a white band all around her belly/back, with a grey spot on her back. After that darned bedding, she had a green back/belly with greenish grey head, spot and butt... LOL
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

I still want to try it. Charlie is mostly black...She could be my guinea pig!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:49 PM

LOL! Crazy Natalie.

Tags
carefresh bedding, guinea pig, pet store, pine bedding