Concrete chewing - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Concrete chewing

I have a 5 month old indoor bunny who goes in the backyard sometimes. Sometime he chomps or chews on the edges of concrete blocks or bricks.. is this bad for him? He chews lots of cardboard and i give him wooden and fabric chew toys but so far he's not really interested in them. Is nipping at the bricks or concrete going to hurt his teeth? I'd take the bricks away but he really loves to scratch his chin on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Betta Bomb

As you now bunnies chew everything!! Not everything they chew is harmful but i really can't see concrete being too good for his teeth.Try to distract him with something safe t chew while in the backyard like untreated wood.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 12:37 PM

When I first got Hoppity he keep wanting to chew on the bricks at the corner of the house when he went outside. I donít know if he grew out of it or just got tired of me shooing and moving him away from the corner.
Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Part of the Pack

this makes me cringe! lol. I suppose that doesnt sound too healthy.. my bunny henry steals wine corks from this big crock on our floor (we like wine) and tries to chew them. I always catch him though. He is not sneaky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

give your love no matter what.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Betta Bomb

hahaha!! like my Akina the other night stole a card i had out to dry for my freinds birthday, she grabbed and took off so fast but sat on the floor holding it and not chewing..i hd to pull it out of her mouth but she kept the tiniest chunk for herself
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 PM
is a little "special"

I would be worried about him chipping his teeth.

LOL, Smudge doesnt chew as much... He would much rather attack the newspaper! He yanks it out of the basket, bites it, and bats at it like a cat!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

If it were one of my rabbits I'd take the concrete away. I'd too would worry about him damaging his teeth on them.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Turbo's mommy.

That poor baby. The only thing turbo chews that he probably shouldn't would be my watch ... it seems to be his favorite thing to chew.

Turbo Bunny

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 02:07 AM
I am allergic to maths

Try giving him something safe but hard or textured to chew, or scrub down whatever he is chewing coz there may be a scent there and thats why he keeps going back
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 11:47 PM

lol marmalade the wine corks reminds me of the other day finding out that Holly likes wine. No, I didn't give him a glass of it or anything, but there was an empty wine bottle on the floor and he was licking the open neck. I started pulling it away from him and he followed, sticking his mouth right in it, and then started licking at my finger after I ran it through the inside of the bottle. The bottle's been taken away now.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Betta Bomb

Hahaha!! Akina loves to come into my room since I became a dirtbag and leaving food and drink dishes around.She actually drank out of my glass of vodka mix
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 12:18 AM

lol! I have a picture of Holly up on his hind legs investigating a couple of empty bottles of midori. I joke about him being a lush - and only nine weeks old! D:

Tags
cement concrete chewing