Considering adopting these two - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Considering adopting these two

These two cuties are being fostered right now in the same City Chris works in. Their owner really loves them but couldn't keep them because she recently moved in with her boyfriend, who developed horrable allergies to them.

They are a bonded pair of holland lops. The black and white one is a female and the other is a male - both are already fixed. The male she got from a lionhead breeder in NJ (I'm wondering if it's the same breeder Barnaby originally came from) and he's about 1 and a half. The female she got from someone who didn't want her anymore, so I guess she's already been passed around to a couple of diffrent homes already - 3 that we know of. They think she's under 2 years old as well, but don't really know much of her history.

I think that if these two don't find a new home by the time I'm done with school and all moved (late Dec. - early Jan.) that I might be taking them in. It's not definate yet, I told them not to hold them for me if another potential owner is interested in them. But I think they are adorable, and would love to have a few more bunnies around to spoil after I move. So we'll see what happens I guess. I just wanted to share anyways

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Part of the Pack

Aww..they are so sweet, I hope you can take them and give them a nice forever home, looks like they've had a hard time already

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww they are beautiful i hope you adopt them they look like they are filled with love to give xx

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

The way they described them to me, the female sounds like she has a personality very similar to Barnabys. Sweet, but very shy. The male sounds more outgoing, which would be fun. I really miss having a bratty bunny around

I've never had a lop eared rabbit before, but I've always thought they were really cute

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Adolescent Pup

holy crap they're cute.

best of luck, I hope you adopt them!

Amber and her ratties:
Lily, Ivy, Eisley (My girls)
Willard, Whiles (My boys)
+ 13 pinkie babies
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Part of the Pack

Man theyre cute. They look so tiny! I love the coloring on the gray one.

give your love no matter what.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Well they certainly are adorable. It would be great if you got them, but I hope that they get a good permanent home wherever they end up going.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 PM
can't think of one, help

OMG they are so cute, grab them up
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 09:21 PM
is a little "special"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain View Post
I really miss having a bratty bunny around

I can loan you Smudge for the weekend! Trust me, that feeling would go away!

Im so excited for you tho! I REALLY hope you get them... Theyd definatly have a wonderful home! C:

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Haha I doupt it would go away. Zeus was the biggest trouble maker ever and I loved having him around

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They're adorable! I hope things work out and you can bring them home.

Stephanie

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Betta Bomb

im so happy for you!! i hope you do decide to adopt them,lops sure are the sutest things in town and i know you will make the best possible final home for the lil' beauties!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I hope you do get to adopt them. They are absolutely adorable! I so want a lop but with 4 straight ears I won't be getting one anytime soon.
I hope they also get along with Barnaby and you can have a trio!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:25 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are the cutest things!!! Good luck and I hope you adopt them.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks

Their old owner really wants me to adopt them, I've been talking with her for a few weeks even though she doesn't have the rabbits anymore. I always knew I was going to get more bunnies once I have more space and after the move - I don't think it would be fair to adopt now and have them have to deal with the stress of moving again in a month. So if they are still in their foster home after I move, I'll most likely take them. If they find another good home before that then I'll probably check out some of the other shelter bunnies.