coroplast - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

coroplast

I am looking to find a good flooring for my 2 buns. Right now they are kept in a 6 sided super yard on the laminate in our dining room with a piece of carpet remnant taking up about half the space. I don't want the laminate to get ruined by them so I was looking into coroplast. I've heard good things about it and that a lot of peeps use it for flooring in their bunny cages. I finally found someone locally that I can purchase this from but I'm not sure I should buy it. Is it pretty slick? Dude, who still has his tilted head, stays mainly on the carpet cuz the laminate is slick for him. Ruby does ok on the laminate. I guess I just need to know if Dude will be able to get a footing on coroplast. I don't want him slipping and sliding all over the place. Any input???

~ Debrya
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

corolplast is good although i could not get it here where i am so i used this alternative and it is working great for my guinea pigs. I am using bedding of course, CareFresh bedding, not just the coroplast. ....

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f14/u...ive-39831.html

Here is a link on the coroplast...
Cubes and Coroplast
How to Make a C&C Cage
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I think it gives them more traction than the laminate. But it's not as good as a carpet. What I did for Tabby was cover the coroplast with a large bath towel. She was not litter box trained (or maybe she couldn't get there any longer) so I would change the towel twice a day.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

That insulfoam seems like an interesting alternative. Is it similar to coroplast in texture??? I see it is waterproof. And can it be used without bedding? I prefer not using bedding as I have an old vacuum next to their pen that I use to pick up any of the stray poops that don't make it into the litter box. Makes for a quick clean up. I saw the pictures you posted of the insulfoam pen you made. Nice job!

Kathydip... I asked the guy I was gonna purchase the coroplast from how slick it was. I told him I was gonna use it as flooring for my buns and he said it was really slick... slicker than laminate. That's why I wanted to ask. He doesn't have buns so I couldn't really get a good answer from him. I know a towel won't work in our case. I don't know how Ruby is with a towel but Dude eats them. I also have a problem with them eating the carpet. That's why I wanted to do away with the carpet hoping that this coroplast will be good enough for Dude to function on. I've even tried wood flooring and he doesn't like that either. But if you think coroplast is a better texture than lamninate, maybe I will just try it and see how it works. I might just have to leave some carpet in there for him.

Thanks for you input!

~ Debrya
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

the insulfoam is not the same texture as coroplast..its also cushiony and doesnt seem slick to me as the coroplast is....and you can get a really big piece cheap at Lowes. It is waterproof but i would still put something down..,maybe newpaper at least. Like i said i use carefresh as bedding with newspaper underneath. You could try without any bedding and see how it goes. The insulfoam is cheap and if it doesnt fair well you can get another in time.
If you try it i hope you post some pics so we can see how you did yours.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

If the insulfoam is cushiony I would think it would provide more traction than coroplast. Penelope was able to hop around the coroplast that I have abut slide all over the laminate.
Maybe try the insulfoam instead. I have never seen it. I will have to check it out.
I am lucky none of my buns eat towels. Although they put holes in my nice (well used to be) covers for the couch in their room.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Well maybe I'll try the insulfoam then. It is cheaper. But one more thing. Ruby is a digger. Will she be able to shred this stuff with her nails? She digs up the carpet ALL the time. I wouldn't think she would be able to shred the coroplast..... but how about this insulfoam? Any input on that?

~ Debrya
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

hmmmm i dunno. I dont have buns. My piggies dont bother the bottom but then i have bedding down too. They could dig down to the bottom if they wanted to though. Guess you will find out if you try it.

Tags
box trained, carefresh bedding, guinea pig, litter box, litter box trained