Cute Bunny Stories - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
I Stash Little Debbies

Smile Cute Bunny Stories

There seems to be a small consensus that we here at PT like to read and tell cute stories about our bunnies. It brightens my day to read a cute story or even just a cute picture - I wish I could post pictures, but my work computer limits me. All the same, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that life is a little demanding at times, and it's nice to have a little "sunshine" break. I ask that everyone think of a good story about your buns and put it in here. If you think of more, put those in too! I'm going to think of a good story for you guys and put it in. Care to join?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well, I don't have any "cute" stories as of yet-Blackjack has been with us for only 4 days. However, how he came to be in my care I feel is rather heartwarming:

Blackjack is a rex who was a 14 year old girls 4h project. When their family had to move, he was sold to a neighbor. The girl went over one day to this neighbors house, and overheard him making a deal for the 13 rabbits he had to be sold for fur. While he was in his cage, he had fractured his foot and a dislocated hip. She took the rabbit from his cage and called the humane society from a cell phone, while hiding the rabbit in a garage down the road. He was being fostered by a very nice lady, who contacted me, and that is how he came to be. The girl and I stay in contact so that she knows he is okay
Okay so its kinda dorky. I like it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
I Stash Little Debbies

I'm glad Blackjack didn't become a glove! Kudos for the girl for saving him - he was obviously not being cared for since he was in that kind of condition. And kudos for you for giving him a safe new home! I don't think your story is dorky at all - it fits right in!

Here's one of mine; we'll call it "The Big Banana Caper":

One day I went to an Organic store out of curiousity, and I found a bag of dried banana slices (no preservatives, no sugar added) and immediately thought of Charlie, bananas are his favorite. He will eat a banana, peel and all. I got home and announced to him what I had gotten. He was so excited (he understands the word "banana") and he started running crazy circles around my feet. I set the bag down on the table. The phone rang so I went to the other room to answer it. I heard something fall. Charlie had gotten up on the couch, jumped from there to the table (a good 2feet at least), pushed the bag into the floor, ripped a whole in it, and right as I walked back into the room he ran away as fast as he could while carrying a stolen chip. He stopped in a corner and had his back to me, so I couldn't see what he had (even though I could hear him crunching). I let him finish his chip and acted like I didn't know what he had done. He then ran over to me and acted like he had never seen the bag before and that he had no idea what could possibly be in it. I humored him and gave him a (another!) chip. I figured if he was willing to work so hard to get an extra one, I might as well let him have it.

Rabbits have such intelligence, both my buns amaze me with the things they come up with. His favorite toy is a wooden puzzle ball. It's made up of 1/2 inch thick wooden sticks connected by small wooden pegs with a nut in the middle. Charlie will work on pulling out every single peg out so the ball will fall apart. Needless to say he has gone through a few. The first one he got he just snapped the pegs in half and broke them. The last one he had almost every single peg was still intact. It's amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

This is not a long story but I just think anything my sweet Tabatha does is wonderful. When I clean her enclosure with the dust pan and brush she now knows if she bites the handle of the dust pan I will stop to pet her! I find it amazing that she doesn't bite my hand that is wrapped around the handle she only bites the handle. Or she will just head butt me.
She also loves it when we do "Bunny Burito". That is where I wrap her in a towel and hold her like a baby while petting her head. She closes her eyes and starts to fall asleep. I began to to administer her meds. However, I quickly found she loves all her oral meds and all I have to do is show her the syringe and she gobbles them down!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Part of the Pack

hehe- okay here's one i thought of:

every night when i put my two girl bunnies Thimble and Sniffles in to their cages for the night i give them a treat to say goodnight, so they calm down and realize its bedtime. Sniffles always stands up as tall as she can on her fleece covered igloo-bed for her treat, tapping the cage with her paws. so now- during the day when she's free-roaming, she will run into the cage when i come into the bedroom sometimes and stand up on the igloo and tap her paws on the cage for a treat. she's so silly! she knows they are for bedtime but i think she thinks she is tricking me into givng her one b/c she has gotten into the treat positon of standing up on the igloo and tapping her paws!! either that or that's what she thinks she has to do now to get a treat! hehe! she is so silly!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
I Stash Little Debbies

it's probably a little of both! i've read that a rabbit's intelligence can be compared to that of a toddler - yeah, she's probably trying to trick you a little, but she's also showing you what she's learned

kathy, your tabby sounds sooo sweet. i just got a little rescue bunny yesterday (2 of them actually) and it amazes me how sweet he is... he is almost as tame as my Charlie that i've had for years!

i was telling the ladies i work with about my new buns and they wanted to see pictures. so last night i took out my 4 buns one by one for their photo op (Charlie and Daisy are used to this - my parents always want pictures of them; surprisingly the new two did well too), i was trying to take a picture of Creepies, aka Cerebral (he's my weird little white bunny) and he kept trying to climb into my lap.... i haven't had him for two days and he is already running (well, bounding) to me wanting - yes, wanting - to be picked up and loved on. this sweet little guy is perfectly healthy, he's only 5-6 months old, he's very laid back, uses his litterbox, and sure he looks a little weird but he's cute all the same... i just don't understand who would neglect and dump such a sweet bunny... oh well, he's mine now
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Have you posted their pics here? I would love to see them!

And yes Tabatha is a sweet little girl. Tonight as I was petting her I cupped her little face in my hands and she started kissing me! It was the sweetest thing and made me feel very special! I still cannot get over that she was just on her own. I cannot think of one reason to dump her! I have a feeling she was in much better health befre the dump I guess I could be wrong and that her health was the reason for her dump but still - she is worth all the effort put into her and then some!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I just remembered one . When I first got Sakura she was really shy as she was a rescue bunny that had been neglected and never handled. To help her trust me I let her have free-range of the house so that she could come to me when she was ready. And to boost her confidence I decided to teach her some commands. I taught her how to 'beg' for treats by standing on her hind legs and she soon learned that when she did that she got food. So then she began following me...begging the whole time . Sometimes she'd even walk a bit on two legs!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
I Stash Little Debbies

i wish i could post their pictures, but i only have my work computer and i can't download on it...

my other new bun is only 3 or 4 months old - he's a baby, not even old enough to be fixed yet (his "parts" aren't ready), i am starting a simple training with him. his name is Rocko but i've nicknamed him Bit-bit because he's a baby and he's a biter... sweet as can be and loves to be petted, but bites for no apparent reason. so when he bites me, i stop petting him and start petting someone else (another bunny), i'll go back to petting him in a few minutes and if he bites me again, i stop again - he hasn't bitten me in the past day and a half, although he did try to bite Creepies while i was petting him... but that's a bonding issue that's a little down the road so i'm not too worried about that one....

Tags
hind legs, humane society