do female rabbits only nest when pregnant? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question do female rabbits only nest when pregnant?

my intact female rabbit lives with my male neutered and just within the last couple days she has started making a nest... they are bonded but go a few weeks where they will get along great grooming eachother and laying together etc... then they will go a few days where they are chasing eachother and circling and mounting and fighting.... is this normal? i noticed the nesting after a couple days of mounting and fighting... could she be going through a faulse pregnancy? my family seems to think that even though my male has been fixed for almost a year that there is still a chance that he could get her pregnant... that it's not 100% has anyone heard of something like that happening? not sure what to do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I have had an unsprayed female mate with a male before and go through a false pregnancy. The male was not neutered at the time, but he was soon neutered after that. I also have had a spayed female before that was always nest building. I think the chances of your female being pregnant are pretty small. If you were planning on getting your female spayed, you could take her in right away. If you have a good vet that did the neuter, my guess is that your girl is not pregnant. Since she is not spayed, she still goes through her cycle, and is at risk for cancer.

Tags
fighting, pregnant