doubt about males togheter - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

doubt about males togheter

Hello i have a minilop boy! hes 1 months old and today im gettin another boy but hes a white lyonhead or lionhead... i was asking if they can live togheter? because my girls live togheter and i don't know about boys... can someone answer me? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Male rabbits once they reach maturity tend to fight if they are un neutered and living together. Although i had two and they lived together perfectly fine and never had a fight or anything infact the youngest lost his life saving the older one from a fox that dug his way into their enclosure It all just depends on the rabbit and if they do fight you could always think about getting them neutered that way they could live with your girls and hopefully all get on ?

I love lion headed rabbits, infact they are one of my favourite rabbit breeds so i can't wait to see some pics

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 02:44 PM

Tried it and failed miserably...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

some people say that girls fight too... and my girls live togheter for almost a year with no fights... so i think i'll try to put them togheter... if they try to fight or anything like this i'll put them in different cages and that's it! yeah i love lion heads either
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Unless they're neutered, they'll probably fight...and even if they are fixed they still might not get along. It's a worth a try, though...just be sure to have an extra cage handy. Good luck .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
Unless they're neutered, they'll probably fight...and even if they are fixed they still might not get along. It's a worth a try, though...just be sure to have an extra cage handy. Good luck .
so maybe i'll neuter them... i always have extra cages in my house lol
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciana Mottola
so maybe i'll neuter them... i always have extra cages in my house lol
A girl off to my own heart i have lots of spare cages too

If you had to have them neutered you could always keep them with your girls then if they get on

Kirsty

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethystbelle
A girl off to my own heart i have lots of spare cages too

If you had to have them neutered you could always keep them with your girls then if they get on
yeah it's true
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 06:58 PM

Neutering is always better in the long run. It generally mellows out the bucks and makes them have less crazy temper tantrums. And also, you can't forget that each rabbit, like people, has his/her own personality and just like people they will not get along with everyone they meet. Trying to get rabbits to be friends is a hard and long process, I'm in it right now so I should know as many other people here do as well.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 07:24 PM

Red face

Well I had my 2 girls done because they had a big fight and both have scars on their ears to prove it.. That was after a year together, now they get on great..
Billy has been getting a bit agressive towards Harvey, so in the next few weeks he will be getting the chop! When Harvey is old enough so will he..
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 04:43 AM

I think you should arrange one more cage for new boy.
Boys will have fight because of their kingdom...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

well no worries anymore i'll buy a girl... i'll get her sunday!!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciana Mottola
well no worries anymore i'll buy a girl... i'll get her sunday!!
So you didn't get the little boy?

Kirsty

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethystbelle
So you didn't get the little boy?
no... i'll get a little girl next sunday!! the guy who sale those rabbits lives very far so i'll have to wait until sunday