Dreaming with his eyes open? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Dreaming with his eyes open?

Silly Rusty looked like he was asleep and dreaming, yet he was laying on his tummy with his head up and had his eyes open. I've seen Sonora do this too. They twitch like cats and dogs do when they are dreaming, their eyes kind of glaze over and they wobble like they are going to fall over. When I first saw Sonora doing this, I thought she was having a seizure and I freaked. But as soon as I said her name, she snapped out of it right away. Same thing with Rusty. Does anyone else have bunnies that do this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

nope my girls both shut their eyes when they are sleeping...but their mummy sleeps with her eyes open and freaks their daddy out!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
nope my girls both shut their eyes when they are sleeping...but their mummy sleeps with her eyes open and freaks their daddy out!!
Your a weirdo Carmen! Just kidding. But do you really do that?

Why do both my bunnies fall asleep with their eyes open?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

yep I really do that Steph!!! Usually when I'm really tired! It's too much effort to close them!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
yep I really do that Steph!!! Usually when I'm really tired! It's too much effort to close them!!
Wow, thats crazy!

Well I guess if you do it, I shouldn't worry about my bunnies!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Sometimes chins do that until they are comfortable in new surroundings...My rabbits always sleep with their eyes closed though...expecially Dutchie...he flops down, closes his eyes an passes out...sometimes I have to pet him just to make sure he's still with us!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
Sometimes chins do that until they are comfortable in new surroundings...My rabbits always sleep with their eyes closed though...expecially Dutchie...he flops down, closes his eyes an passes out...sometimes I have to pet him just to make sure he's still with us!
LOL, mine do the flopping thing too Mandie. Its so cute. But they always have their eyes open or partially closed. I have never seen them completely passed out! Maybe they sleep when I'm not around.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Adolescent Pup

It's not really a big deal. It just means they are dozing, not deep sleeping. Keep in mind that dreams in humans, at least, come in the lightest stage of sleep, so it is likely true in rabbits as well.

Miyabita Designs
Affordable, custom, hand-coded websites, plus graphics

Usagi no Tsukiyo
A well of rabbit information

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabita
It's not really a big deal. It just means they are dozing, not deep sleeping. Keep in mind that dreams in humans, at least, come in the lightest stage of sleep, so it is likely true in rabbits as well.
Thanks. They look pretty cute wobbling around with their sleepy eyes. (its cute now that I know its not a seizure!)

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Adolescent Pup

The scariest thing is when they really ARE in a deep sleep! I had one that I walked up to, actually poked in the side, and got no response. I started freaking out, then she opened her eyes, rolled over, and looked at me as if to say, "Gee, thanks for disturbing my nap, you big meanie." LOL.

Miyabita Designs
Affordable, custom, hand-coded websites, plus graphics

Usagi no Tsukiyo
A well of rabbit information