ear infection? maybe? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Turbo's mommy.

ear infection? maybe?

Turbo has had his right ear down for some time now. I can tell it bothers him, he shakes his head every 3 minutes or so. He'll sometimes scratch at it. His ear still goes up when he's listening to something, but it flops back down after. There's no puss or anything in his ear that i can see...

What is going on?

Turbo Bunny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

It does sound like a possible ear infection, I would schedule a vet appointment. How's his balance?

Good luck and keep us updated! I hope it's nothing serious .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Turbo's mommy.

his balance is fine. he's pretty normal today. im starting to think some fur got in it and is aggravating him. he is molting.

Turbo Bunny

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Betta Bomb

Molting shouldnt cause that muc of a problem I'd defiently have it checked out since rabbits will try their best to hide any ailment! Acacia is molting and if the flying fur touches her ears she flicks it off and continues on. So, yea, keep your eye on it and schedule an apointment just to be sure!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Turbo's mommy.

good idea. but i have to make it tomorrow. i have a huge test i CANT leave the house today. i'll have to go tomorrow with him. he feels a little warm. i'm not sure if its just me being cold/paranoid or if its him. he was looking pretty sluggish but i gave him something to play with. he's fine now. idk if its just me being over protective mama bunny or if theres seriosusly something wrong with him.

Turbo Bunny

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Betta Bomb

Well, as a thumb rule (bc YOUR the one living with him) if you notice something off about him, chances are, there IS something wrong!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Turbo's mommy.

true. what do vets charge for check ups? i'd like to make sure i have the amount in my account before i go. i let him run around and he seemed PERFECT. idk whats up with him. his ear isn't down anymore, he's not shaking it anymore. he's back to normal but i'm still iffy about it. if it continues tomorrow i'll go. i just need the money. bunny dads gona have to help out.

Turbo Bunny

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

from what animals i have had that get ear infections, they normally smell if you sniff in their ear.

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Turbo's mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
from what animals i have had that get ear infections, they normally smell if you sniff in their ear.
smells fine to me. he's acting normal. eating normally, drinking normally, surely pooping normally () nothing out of the ordinary. we had a late night the night before...maybe he was tired?

Turbo Bunny

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Betta Bomb

Who knows but keep your eye on it for sure. If he's shaking it alot make the appointment, Acacia used to flick her ears everywhere when she was younger and I learned to understand she did it when she was annoyed (which was practially ALL the time befor she was spayed).
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Turbo's mommy.

he's fine. he quit flicking it. turbo flicks his feet when he's annoyed. he'll hop away and you can hear *flick flick flick* and i'm like "ohhh hush you, you'll get over itttt" he's acting like normal. idk what made him put it down in the first place, whatever it was, its out now.

Turbo Bunny

Tags
ear, flopped, infected ear