Favorite breed of rabbit? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Favorite breed of rabbit?

What's your favorite breed of rabbit? I'd have to say Britannia Petites...I dunno what it is, but something makes my heart melt when I see them. They're so tiny and perky and cheerful. And so pretty! I love the many color patterns they come in.

I also like Flemish Giants because they're so dog-like and cuddly but I don't have enough space to have one.

lol, I like really tiny bunnies and really big bunnies...

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Mine are dwarf lops and Cashmere lops! Hands down, two favourite breeds.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

I bunnies

I cannot decide, my first bunny was a wild rabbit cross, I then had 2 French Lops and now have 2 Mini Lops.. I can definately say I like any breed of buns..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
Mine are dwarf lops and Cashmere lops! Hands down, two favourite breeds.
Dwarf lops are so adorable! <3 I never saw a Cashmere lop in real life, though. Only in pictures.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

My favorite breed is the mini rex. I have heard nothing but great things about them! I love their velvety fur too. My mini rex is the perfect bunny! I love him to death. I also like dwarf bunnies and dwarf mixes. I just think dwarf bunnies are so cute.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 08:50 PM

english lops, english angoras and mini lops
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Part of the Pack

I find that Cheetara03's bunny is so-o-o-o-o cute! And I love Netherland Dwarf!!!!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Adolescent Pup

Mini rex are my first and my fave. I have had them for 12 years now, and I would have them over any other breed. They are the perfect size. Not so small hat they are injured easily, but not too big to hold. Their fur is simply amazing. You cannot really understand it without feeling it. I love telling someone to pet one of my mini rex. I usually get, "Oh, I've pet rabbits before. I know how soft they are." I tell them they probably have never felt one like this. Then when they pet it their eyes fly open in shock. A lot of people ask if I cut the fur to make it so soft and short, but it is totally natural. They usually have wonderful temperaments. They can range from fairly active to very laid back, but rarely are they even remotely aggressive if they are raised properly. They come in many different colours, and they are just plain cute, too!

I also really love lionheads, netherland dwarfs, and britannia petites (though a lot of britannia lines can be pretty aggressive).

Miyabita Designs
Affordable, custom, hand-coded websites, plus graphics

Usagi no Tsukiyo
A well of rabbit information

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Hands a throbbin from cage buildin

I love the big gentle Flemish Giant
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Playful Pup

I have never owned a bunny, but I love rex because of how soft they are, The casmier (sp) and those giagantic ones that are just HUGE. I really want one of those (BTW where can you keep those lol they would need a room of thier own!). I also like when they have markings like a siamese cat! If I ever get a bunny it will have to have those markings!

ABC Chinchillas- Email me at
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Adolescent Pup

Starleomach, you mean like this?

It is called himalayan, californian, or pointed white, depending on the breed that it is in. In the breed pictured (mini rex), it is called himalayan.

Miyabita Designs
Affordable, custom, hand-coded websites, plus graphics

Usagi no Tsukiyo
A well of rabbit information

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Playful Pup

OOOH that is exaclty what I want! How big do they get? Cause I have a guinipig cage from when I had guinipigs. Would that work if I ever got one? It would be out of the cage more than in.

ABC Chinchillas- Email me at
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I have to say dutch as they hold a special place in my heart as my last rabbit was a dutch and he lived for 12 years and I bred him myself and grew up with him and he was amazing! But i also like the lion head rabbits as well!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Playful Pup

Talking

My fav breeds include Jersey Woolies, Netherland Dwarfs, Holland Lops and Dutch. I also love Flemish Giants.

~*Peace Of Christ*~
Stacey Scott
Promise Land Rabbitry
Greenville, IL.
Jersey Woolies, Holland Lops, Netherland Dwarfs, Lionheads & Mini Rex

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Newborn Pup

English Angoras and Lionheads are my favorite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Angel Standing.jpg (26.9 KB, 3 views)

Tags
flemish giant, flemish giants, holland lop, holland lops, mini lop, mini lops, mini rex, netherland dwarf, teddy bear