First pic's of Grandpa Rex's Bunny neighbours @ No24 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

First pic's of Grandpa Rex's Bunny neighbours @ No24

After I had left Barbara's with Schneeball for Grandpa rex's nearby, I decided to do the usual and do a spot of gardening at Grandpa Rex's, while he was making the tea I had another look over the fence at No 24, and to my suprize noticed two new hutches in the back area, and theres me thinking Rex only had one Bunny freind next door.

These are Moby phone pics I took

I shortly before taking the pics wrote a letter to the lady and slipped it in the letter box highlighting the problem of Foxes and undesirable characters in the area, the hutches did have no locks and are not weighed down or chained to anything, you can never be too carefull.

It would upset me if these two bunnies were to be stolen, so I felt it right to write a quick letter.

The Grey Lop eared rabbit I had seen before playing football

Closer shot of the Grey Lop ear bunny.

The second Lop ear bunny that I had not seen before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 06-21-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 06:44 PM

Aww they are so cute! Thanks for posting Jon..
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 10:04 PM

They are adorable! Way to go for posting a letter, I'm sure they'll be much safer now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwww they are very cute, hope your letter does some good and they are secure in no time

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 08:27 AM

Cute little neighbours
Hope they get predator proofed soon
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

I went to Grandpa Rex's again today and both the hutches are gone, I could not see into the basement flat and I did not go down as it is not my buisness to do so, hopefully they are now indoors and not stolen by underireable characters.

I will keep my eye out over the fence over the next few days if I should go to Grandpa rex's again.

= ^ _ ^ =

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toky-Ohki
I went to Grandpa Rex's again today and both the hutches are gone, I could not see into the basement flat and I did not go down as it is not my buisness to do so, hopefully they are now indoors and not stolen by underireable characters.

I will keep my eye out over the fence over the next few days if I should go to Grandpa rex's again.

= ^ _ ^ =
Keep us informed Jon, I hope nothing bad has happened to them?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 11:52 AM

Keep us updated!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Went to grandpa Rex's for the usual Monday evening Tea party, I could hear stones moving again at No24, so I looked over the fence to see a White and black speckled Lop ear Rabbit, I eventualy got Schneeball to hop round to No24 where I met a young man, most likely the boyfriend of the French girl.

I asked him if they had seen the letter and he said yes, apparently the White speckled Lop is a female and is rather noisy at night with scratching, and the Grey/Brown Lop is the male and was Nobbled about three weeks ago.

The young man got the male out a placed him on the stones and he went strait for her and tried to mount her.

Schneeball was very exited seeing his new Neighbours and was running up and down, climbing up my leg and circling me and tying my legs together, and he was looking down on them from up above, Schneeball was aware of their presence.

Struck me at how different schneeball is to the other bunnies, mine realy does have enormous Ears a giant fwuffy tail, and he is rather light in proportion compared to the lops, especialy the Grey/brown lop he is rather big.

Apparently they do have a cover for the hutches when they were outside, but I think they took my advice and moved them indoors for the time being.

= ^ _ ^ =

* sings *

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 07:22 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toky-Ohki
Went to grandpa Rex's for the usual Monday evening Tea party, I could hear stones moving again at No24, so I looked over the fence to see a White and black speckled Lop ear Rabbit, I eventualy got Schneeball to hop round to No24 where I met a young man, most likely the boyfriend of the French girl.

I asked him if they had seen the letter and he said yes, apparently the White speckled Lop is a female and is rather noisy at night with scratching, and the Grey/Brown Lop is the male and was Nobbled about three weeks ago.

The young man got the male out a placed him on the stones and he went strait for her and tried to mount her.

Schneeball was very exited seeing his new Neighbours and was running up and down, climbing up my leg and circling me and tying my legs together, and he was looking down on them from up above, Schneeball was aware of their presence.

Struck me at how different schneeball is to the other bunnies, mine realy does have enormous Ears a giant fwuffy tail, and he is rather light in proportion compared to the lops, especialy the Grey/brown lop he is rather big.

Apparently they do have a cover for the hutches when they were outside, but I think they took my advice and moved them indoors for the time being.

= ^ _ ^ =
It sounds as though Schneeball has some new friends!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Some news from No 24, Grandpa rex's bunny neighbours are well as I took a look over the fence again this evening to see them trampling the pebbles again.

Too my shock the French girl then said to me that they had babies, it was true they obviously did not snip the male in time as she produced one of the two Kits, it fitted into her hand it was so small.

My god they were so cute, and they were both tiny little speckled lops .

The hutches are back outside again, I will keep an eye on them but I am sure they are aware of what I wrote to them.

I may show her the black album of Oscar and Norman the cats, and ask if I can compile an album of her Bunnies for posterity, that will be so cool. Oscar and Norman were former Feline neighbours of Grandpa Rex.

= ^ _ ^ =

* sings *

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

well an update on the situation at No 24, I have no idea where the baby bunnies went, yesterday I looked over the fence to see two empty hutches and the two Lops of theirs on the stones hopping around, I think the female is called Mimi.

It looked to me like the french girl was just about to clean the hutches and renew the shavings and hay, I could only asume that the babies may be indoors but I feel it must be far to early for human intervention, they could have only been 4 or 5 weeks old.

= ^ _ ^ = ?

* sings *

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 09:23 AM

I hope the babies are ok? Keep us updated Jon!

Tags
baby bunnies