LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:42 PM

is using just newspaper ok? And hay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
That's strange since aspen is one of the safest beddings...are you sure he didn't say pine?
http://www.rabbit.org/journal/1/liver-disease.html
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

But like my vet told me, as long as they are not sitting in it all day it's fine. If you use it only in the litter box where they go when they have to it's fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 01:31 PM

newspaper and hay is perfectly fine for bedding for them, as well as in the litterbox - but it doesn't do much for odor control
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 01:47 AM

oh i see...so carefresh reduces odor! ha ha, i should have probably done more research, probably could have saved me from the smell every two days. I just thought, well i wanted a bunny and i got a bunny and a nice stinky cage every 2 or 3 days. Well now i love my bunny twice as much......keekee....
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:42 PM

carefresh is very absorbant and naturally locks in the odor without any perfumes or anything - it's great. and once you get the little guy fixed it'll take down the urine smell a little bit more

a new bunny mommy is born....
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 AM

yAy. Hooray for new bunny mom helpers....!
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 01:30 PM

hehe hope your buns all settled in now
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I am still trying to find a good rabbit pellet. I've read so much about it but I still can't figure it out! Oxbow is not readily available to me, so what would be the next best thing? I can get Purina rabbit chow locally, will that be good for him? On this HRS chart, does 10 at the bottom mean it is a good feed?
http://www.rabbit.org/journal/3-4/pellet-info.html
On this chart it seems that Purina has too much calcium, though. And Purina is alfalfa based, don't I need something timothy based? Help!
Thanks for any input and sorry to obsess. I just know that diet is very important and I want to feed him the best pellet I can.
~Jennifer

~ MY ZOO ~
2 shelties - Blaze & Pandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 orange tabby - Max
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 guinea pigs - Peaches and Calli
1 chipmunk - Theodore (Teddy)

RIP Pixie

Xander

Jax
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 02:17 PM

Kaytie brand is made with Timothy and isn't as bad on Calcium as a lot are. You can get it at pretty much any petstore. Supplementing his diet with lots of Timothy hay is always a good idea too to make sure he gets the nutrients he needs.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 11:39 AM

i's also recommend the Oxbow Bunny Basics T. my rabbits were having all types of health problems with blockages and so forth, so my vet said to switch to Oxbow right away and keep giving plenty of hay and since then they've been 100% healthy! plus in turn food costs are a lot cheaper b/c a bag of oxbow lasts a while.

Tags
aspen shavings, box trained, carefresh bedding, dried pine, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, litter box, litter box trained, litter boxes, litter train, litter trained, timothy hay, wood stove pellets