Getting My First Rabbits- TODAY! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Talking Getting My First Rabbits- TODAY!

I'm so excited!

We are getting our babies today! Skitty is kind of like a Chinchilla, and Lissy (Felicity) is like a browny color I don't know what it is. I got a huge hutch on a really tall stand so it's easy to clean.

We'll be using petr store hay on top of Old News cat litter in the sleeping area, and the Old News in the play/eating area. Old news is just like Yesterdays News. In my litter tray I mix S.A.M Zer-Odor in with Ricecob bedding (really absorbant) and the bunnies will be fed rabbit pellets, rabbit mix, timothy hay, tomatoes, parsley, carrots, et cetera. I won't give them too much vegies. When they are little I will give them carrots and parsley in small amounts and when they are older, I will make a salad daily and give them assorted things. How does it sound? The rabbits are 8-12 weeks old and very lovely. We're going to train them onto harnesses so we can let them eat fresh grass each day.

I hope I can post photos soon! My father has gone to Sydney, and he won't be back untill Monday, so I'll have to wait a couple of days for photos.

^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 08:43 PM

aaaw congrads! I remember my first rabbit was when I was 6... I named her hopscotch hehe. They're alot of fun to have around. Sounds like they fell into the perfect hands.... spoiled bunnies haha
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:13 PM

Ricecob bedding? just watch out for that. some litters if aten can lead to a pretty nasty blockage. for example.. most people will tell you to never use corncob. but i dont know what ricecob is. GREAT news bout getting ur bunnies. i am very happy for you. cant wait for pics!

also since ur new to rabbits here is a super duper site
www.rabbit.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 10:49 AM
PT's Official Law Breaker

I would advise 2 seperate cages until they have been altered. And even after fixing them, there is no guarantee they will be bonded and go in one cage together. Rabbits are territorial and like their own space, they can fight and even kill if they want their own space.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 03:07 PM

congratulations on your new bunnies!!! can't wait to see pictures! they sound absolutely beautiful!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 10:49 PM

Congrats on the new buns!

I would suggest however not introducing any kinds of veggies or fruits until they are at least 4 months old. Their little stomachs are still developing, and it can lead to unwanted problems.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 08:04 PM

Look forward to seeing their pics.. Catherine has great advice too, spaying and neutering also helps to make your pet a happy one..
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats! Everyone has given great advice, and I definately recommend spaying/neutering if you haven't already planned to .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
litter tray, rabbit pellets, seperate cages, timothy hay