Going camping, is it okay to leave her??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Going camping, is it okay to leave her???

We're going camping for 4 nights/5 days. I'm planning on having a large enclosure attached to her cage so that she can come out of her cage and run around a little. I will have ample amount of timothy hay, timothy hay pellets, vegetables and water. On day 3 I will be having someone check on her to make sure she has enough food/water, ect. But my friend cannot come everyday. Do you think that she will be okay??? I've never left her alone before and not sure.

Thanks
Heather

----------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- Trixie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- Jersey

-- Ginger

-- Coco

-- Jagg

RIP
-- Hammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm not sure, I wonder if she'll eat the big supply all in the one night you give it to her? Does she usually eat like that? But it's good to have someone come check on her.

You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Rodentologist

I would definitely not leave your rabbits alone without someone checking on and feeding them every day. It's very easy for a water bowl to get overturned, a bottle to leak, or someone to have an accident and need medical care.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennicat View Post
I would definitely not leave your rabbits alone without someone checking on and feeding them every day. It's very easy for a water bowl to get overturned, a bottle to leak, or someone to have an accident and need medical care.
Yeah, I agree. Anything can happen.

You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

I agree. I would never leave my bunnies without having someone check up on them at least once a day.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Betta Bomb

And its an outside hutch? If so, DEFINATELY have it checked everyday more than once if possible bc it only takes a couple minutes for a predator to come by. If its inside its a little safer but you want to be careful about leaving veggies out for 3 days before someone will come by and poop needs to be scooped everyday.
Food could be eaten in one day if your bunny has a problem. I know for sure if I was leaving my bunnies alone for 3 days Akina would do badly bc she looooooves eating when she's bored but Acacia would save hers. Plus, like the others mentioned water can run out or become spilled and hay and veggies can attract bugs.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 05:40 PM

i brought my bunns with me. they had alot of fun. i find it hard to leave them alone for too long