Good cage? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Good cage?

Click Here!!!

Good cage for 2 adult 'normal sized' ( ) rabbits?

See that shelf at the top? I want to add a couple more grids to make it a bit higher... then a top just to that part to hang bunny toys.Let me know if it's big enough (they won't be confined there all day,but still I like pets to have room but I'm horrible at judging measurements ) !!!

OR is THiS cage (you know the drill, *clicky here xD!!! ) better? *Going by the fuller top level...*

Which do you think?
Link 1 or 2,or both no good for 2 rabbits?

Last edited by candyraver; 01-27-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 03:14 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

i would say they would need to be bigger for rabbits and higher as rabbits are good jumpers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come see more of my fur babies at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

eBay: NEW 42" Exercise Pen Dog Cat Crate Rabbit Chicken Cage (item 180078448432 end time Jan-29-07 08:32:43 PST) what about figuring out a bottom and levels for one of these, its lots cheaper but might take up more space

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

well if the sides are only one grid high you know that a bunny could jump right out of those right? are you planing on buying one of those or just using them as an example?

My Furry Family
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

I was using those as an example,I wanted to add grids [like what I said about the top one,add grids so it will be higher & a paritial top so I could hang bunny toys.] I needed to know if the size was good,then I can just add on from that.

Kendalle -thanks for the link,but not quite what I had in mind The cube cages are easy to tweak& design

Last edited by candyraver; 01-27-2007 at 05:57 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Oh for the 2nd cage idea,get rid of storage& have a full floor as well.I don't want or need the storage.I'd prefer the floor space.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 09:28 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I JUST POSTED THE SAME ONE IN MY TOPIC... Yes I think so, it should fit 2 rabbit, if they are good hoppers you my need to put it up one cube higher so they won't, Akina is a big jumper so i will have to add on to what I am making!! The second one is good for one, not 2 Hope my ideas helped!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

I showed you them last night *slaps you Dawna* stop copying me =/
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Part of the Pack

You could add a complete second floor (less one grid). It would double the size without going much bigger.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I posted pics of Oliver and Ophelia's cage before. I think the thread was labeled "Oliver and Ophelia's cage". It's a great size for two bunnies. They really love it. It was easy and relatively inexpensive to make. It has a bottom and three shelves. All the jumping gives them exercise. They absolutely love the top level. That is where they hang out. I swear they know I cannot get to them there. Well I can because every level has what I call an emergency exit. One grid is not really built into the cage. Instead it is just zip tied on all four sides to the cage. This way if something happens and I have to get in there I can.
If you like mine and have any question just let me know.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 04:52 PM

that pen that you have with the dog in it, I have one of those and if you position it right and get a big enough on they work really well.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 04:29 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyraver
I showed you them last night *slaps you Dawna* stop copying me =/
I am not trying to, lol, I never seen your post, lol, I'm just using it for example, not to do exactly.

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 10:54 AM

Mine are in a dog pen like the one with the dog in it. It is a little bigger than that one but hey seem to like it. They have plenty of room. They even have a house in it and have room to do a few binkies. My little girl would jump right out of that one although she would love to climb it.